Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Team Panda
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used 3m emblem adhesive glue to put my rear red H on

When I did this I got messy and under the red H there is dried up yellow glue I tried goo gone heating it up with blow dryer but I couldn't get it

Now I'm looking to just take the the whole red H off but I know it's going to be hard to get off plus I know there will be more of the yellow glue.

I thought of buying the remover spray but wasnt sure if would effect the paint or if it would actually work?
Any suggestions? Really want this emblem off

·
Registered
18 Posts
i dont know where your from but i had the exact same problem when i was taking off my emblems. nothing worked untill i bought turtle wax bug and tar remover. put it on for 1 minute and rub the glue off. It worked great for me

·
Banned
120 Posts
wth why didnt you just use double sided tape? doesnt look like you'll be able to get it off without also taking some paint with it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The bug and tar remover didn't work eh? Fuck it was perfect for me. My next this I'd say goto a body shop I think they have somthing that will do the job. Good luck let me know how it goes. I wish u all the best

·
Banned
3,213 Posts
you can get jacked if you 3m tape your emblem, someone tried jacking my homies rear roof spoiler cause it was taped on

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had some issues with my car the previous owner had put some glue crap to try and hold up the front bumper on one side (dont ask) and I had it properly fixed but the glue crap was a problem - It was some pretty serious glue - I used "Goo Gone" or " Goo be Gone" it worked very well. Worth a try before you rip some paint off.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Hey mate, do u have WD40 in the states?

I had the exact same thing!

Had some doublesided tape left by wheel weights.

With these regamasters, im amazed at how clean they are.

The only imperfection is this;

Previous owner from Japan had the wheel weight stuck on the dish of the wheel.

Did some googling about and on the BMW M3 forums, an adhesive remover product by 3M was discussed that can help remove this left over doublesided tape residue. Went into bunnings and they didnt have anything, only other generic adhesive removers. Didnt want to hurt the clearcoat on the wheels etc so I opted for some WD-40.

I'll let the final picture speak for itself;

This is the item im talking about

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Also try 3M Release Agent its made specially for this and wont damage your car either :)
I ocudlnt find this unfortunately, so i ued the above ^^

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
at least u know WD40 wont really hurt the paint .... me reckons lOL

1 - 18 of 18 Posts