Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any draw-backs on the 4-2-1 header design opposed to 4-1 header? i know both the comptech race header and JRRH are both 4-1 design and the HP gains are great. the new DC race header has a 4-2-1 design and was wondering how much this would effect HP and TQ ratings? thanx in advance..

·
Registered
335 Posts
well i know this one, 4-2-1 give better mid range power, where as the 4-1 is geared twoards top end powa!!! chris i hope this dc works out well for you... if it does ill be buying one for my future type s!!!!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm like one click away from ordering 'em.. just wanna get some more insight on them. i know the TODA race header has a 4-2-1 design but you have to get an upgraded sway bar for clearence, and i was wondering if the DC design will require an upgraded sway bar? yeah matt, i can already see your future type-s already in the making!!

·
Registered
335 Posts
chris, check this out.... i found this in someones sig

AEM CAI
Borla Cat-Back
ES MM's
Jackson Racing Header/Carsound cat
194.9 WHP.139.6 WTQ 1/31/04

user name pints99

·
Registered
335 Posts
oh yeah i read that toda preffered the 4-1 design over the 4-2-1

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
hey, that's my sig :) Jackson Racing header is nice if you want to get the high flow cat in there. And it still makes great power.

·
Banned
446 Posts
ive got a spoon sports 4-2-1 header comin in bout a week, i hope to do some dyno pulls soon after so people can see what kind of gains it makes. i dont think anyone has dyned it yet

·
sickwidit fa sho!
6,879 Posts
pints99 said:
hey, that's my sig :) Jackson Racing header is nice if you want to get the high flow cat in there. And it still makes great power.
did you have to extend the 02 sensors?

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
GTSPHREAK said:
oh yeah i read that toda preffered the 4-1 design over the 4-2-1

Thats funny since the Toda manifold is a 4-2-1 :rolleyes:

·
Registered
13,782 Posts
Err... 4-2-1 will always outperform a 4-1. Always.

The stepped design allows for better scavenging. All race headers for this car are 4-2-1.

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
Glimpse said:
Err... 4-2-1 will always outperform a 4-1. Always.

The stepped design allows for better scavenging. All race headers for this car are 4-2-1.

In some other thread in the performance section I posted info about difference in exhaust piping diameter and header design. It is not beneficial to run a 4-1 header and 3 inch exhaust on a street car.

·
Registered
335 Posts
BigDawg said:
Thats funny since the Toda manifold is a 4-2-1 :rolleyes:
that's what i said but im just going off of what someone said in another thread.

·
keepn' it clean
2,555 Posts
i always wondered this but never really found out the answer. Does having a headder decrease your chance of passing emissions?

·
Registered
13,782 Posts
LeaD_FooT said:
i always wondered this but never really found out the answer. Does having a headder decrease your chance of passing emissions?
Race header = No chance of passing emissions

Jackson Race Header + Carsound High Flow cat = You will pass emissions

Shorty = You will pass emissions

Assuming you only have a sniffer test in your state.

·
Registered
13,782 Posts
mac427 said:
so a jr header and a carsound cat will pass the sniffer, but will not pass the visual?
Depends on who is doing the visual. It's possible that they'll realize it's an aftermarket cat and ask for proof that your original cat was destroyed and you're past the warranty.

In reality, this won't happen. Even if it does, just go somewhere else to get smog tested.

·
keepn' it clean
2,555 Posts
Glimpse said:
Race header = No chance of passing emissions

Jackson Race Header + Carsound High Flow cat = You will pass emissions

Shorty = You will pass emissions

Assuming you only have a sniffer test in your state.

What about Jackson race header with Stock cat, plus cai and cat back exhaust (or does the cai & cat-back not matter for emissions)?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts