Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

4 Guage amp hook-up?

784 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  neuspeeddc5 
#1 ·
:confused: So i built a fiberglass box into my trunk, muchh like the previous posting described here in DIY Garage. :dontknow: I confess that I did have to reference it a bit during my install as well. BUT now i'm wiring the amp and I want to find the best way too navigate my 12-volt postive power wire to the battery. Where's the best place to get into the engine compartment? I am trying to avoid drilling holes and if i did i want it to be in such a place that is not going to cause problems. thanks for the help!!

#5 ·
I ran the wire through a rubber gormet that is behind your glove compartment box (you will have to take the glove box out to reach it) and just ran it on the passenger side. put some sealant around the small hole I made. I am using 4 gauge as well, and there isn't any voltage drop either for me with the added distance. Though I recommend running the RCA's and remote wire on the drivers side as there Isn't much room under the panel that run under the doors.

Hope this helps.

#6 ·
mine is ran through the firewall under the brake pedel. you have yo pull back the carpet to see it. then ran down the driver side seat up under back seat and done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.