My Brain is broken
656 Posts
a bad seal on your housing? there has so be a bad seal/crack somewhere

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
a bad seal on your housing? there has so be a bad seal/crack somewhere
on both headlights? seriously can that actually happen. wtf. my headlights never been touch ever dude.. can it be from washing my raidiator out and some water may have got left behind some where.. can that be? i washed it out yesterday.

·
Si-> Type S-> R Type-> MR
3,100 Posts
I would bake them to cook the moisture out and then reseal the hell out of them. It happens

·
02 Acura RSX BASE
59 Posts
Yes by washing out your radiator...You most likely got water in the headlight where the bulb goes in.Just let the moisture evaporate and no more added water and you should be fine.They are not really made to seal from water coming from that direction,although they should.GL!!

·
i like pie
99 Posts
i kinda ran into the same problem just a few days ago. i did the blackouts a few months ago but recently noticed that my left headlight has what looks like morning dew drops inside the lens. i figured there had to be a small crack somewhere; i tried using a hair dryer to heat up the water in hopes that it'd evaporate from whatever hole it came in from, but everything went all watery again when i drove the car.

having said that, i just wanna make sure that i'm not misunderstanding anything in this thread. will stuffing my headlights in the oven be noticeably more efficient in removing the moisture from my lights due to the higher temperature? would 10 minutes or so of baking be enough time to dry everything out? thanks in advance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.