Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which one is better for BASE????(auto)
which one you guys usein it??
the manual said. we can use 5w-30(witch is for Type-S)
 

·
Registered
2003 Acura RSX 5spd
Joined
·
5,219 Posts
I just use 5W-20. It says do not use 5W-30, unless you cannot get a hold of 5W-20.
 

·
doing stuff
Joined
·
3,595 Posts
If you have modified your car and you spin the engine higher than recommended (like most of us) use 5w-30 or even 0w-30. 20 weight will tend to sling off your internal parts more easily at high rpm.
 

·
Blue Beast
Joined
·
1,447 Posts
I use 0w-20

Push nice avatar of Kitsune
 

·
997 C4S
Joined
·
11,065 Posts
kpxshorty said:
which one is better for BASE????(auto)
which one you guys usein it??
the manual said. we can use 5w-30(witch is for Type-S)
Might want to recheck the manual. It doesn't say you can use 5w-30 - it says to use 5w-20. With that said, Honda engineers > ClubRSX forum.
 

·
doing stuff
Joined
·
3,595 Posts
Keith DC5 said:
Might want to recheck the manual. It doesn't say you can use 5w-30 - it says to use 5w-20. With that said, Honda engineers > ClubRSX forum.
Are you operating your engine at stock spec? If you raise your rev limit and redline alot you should get an oil that won't sling off internals so easy. Remember that the original intent was economy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
no. i drive base auto. and the manual siad 5w-20 for BASE, but also can use 5w-30
and 5w-30 for Type-s, which is Economy feul.
 

·
doing stuff
Joined
·
3,595 Posts
kmkze04 said:
I use 0w-20

Push nice avatar of Kitsune
Thanks bro... and rep for your bling heh.... where you get the blue gauge conversion? :thumbsup:
 

·
Blue Beast
Joined
·
1,447 Posts
Push said:
Thanks bro... and rep for your bling heh.... where you get the blue gauge conversion? :thumbsup:
Haha thanks. Ludatic on this board did the guage conversion for me. Great guy.
 
1 - 20 of 84 Posts
Top