Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well ive finally started the project. Picked up a GSXR 600. The past couple weeks ive been slowly taking my time working on the carbs, 2 outta 4 carbs worked correctly the rest was clogged up with old fuel and dirt. But as of this week i got it running and "purring" like a kitten... well as close as one can get when the exhaust has been gutted of the baffle. (it came like that :face:).

Anyways the plan is to cut the back of the frame of the bike that holds the engine and upper shock tower mount, along with the swing arm mount, to weld in to the golf cart. A friend of mine has given me a 3 wheeler frame and im going to use the swing arm and axel out of it and bolt it to the motor cycle's swing arm mounting point.

So far i have very little money tide up in this :thumbsup: and hopefully it will be done by the beginning of next year. Which will depend on how many brackets i have to machine and when ill be able to machine them.

Here are the only 2 pictures i have. That i disassembled tonight.
Sorry for the bad quality of the pictures, i meant to bring the D80 but left my memory card behind :face:

Hopefully once its all done the local drag strip will allow me to make a couple passes :pray: lol and yes a wheely bar will be made that will slide in a be held in place by some pins

Attachments

·
Doesn't Give A F*ck
20,301 Posts
nice project. good luck with it. in to see this thing running.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well cut up majority of the motor cycle frame today, cut everything but left the center section with all the mounts and the cradle where it can bolt up to the engine. i beleave the hardest part will be making sure the golf cart will be rigid enough to hold the engine and not warp. ill snap some pictures tomorrow, kinda forgot to today since the temperatures was hovering above freezing inside the garage today

·
Never shit a shitter
4,428 Posts
I had this idea in highschool autoshop, lol. Seems like it could be cool, just wouldn't want to be hurdling down the street in a fuckin' golf cart.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well we was thinking about putting it on a go cart.... but everyone has done a go cart and very few have done a golf cart. but im sending my local drag strip a email right now to see what saftey precautions will need to be added to make it legal at the track

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
s2k is a slow project! im gonna buy some valves for my spare head soon and polish the ports then get a 3 angle valve job, the golf cart project is something i have 0 dollars in so far so no big deal lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts