Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i was testing my car today and i was getting a 6k stutter whenever i was taking it up. I am guessing it is knock, is there anyway to fix it?
 

·
The Drone
Joined
·
1,398 Posts
its probably vtec engagement. when vtec kicks in there is a slight stutter. if your getting a cel with it then it could be a knock. but i would think its the vtec engagement.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what i thought at first. there is no check engine with it, so maybe it is a fuel problem
 

·
The Drone
Joined
·
1,398 Posts
does it feel like the car just stops and then goes again. i spoke to kenji about it and he said that there is a dip when it hits vtec but it doesn't last long and the power goes right back up. do you have an aftermarket exhaust?? stock cat?? i found it went away after i changed my exhaust and got a testpipe. also my cat was clogged which could have been the culprit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well the stutter seems to have went away, but now i am having a problem overboosting. It keeps going up to 12 psi and i want it at 8. the wastegate is almost all the way out and i have looked for vacuum leaks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
419 Posts
get some new spark plugs?? maybe your misfiring

as for overboosting?? is it getting colder in your area?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
198 Posts
rsx m-3 said:
does it feel like the car just stops and then goes again. i spoke to kenji about it and he said that there is a dip when it hits vtec but it doesn't last long and the power goes right back up. do you have an aftermarket exhaust?? stock cat?? i found it went away after i changed my exhaust and got a testpipe. also my cat was clogged which could have been the culprit.

I think that I have a clogged Cat as well from running too rich for a few months because of my knock sensor. I'm going to run a test pipe with 3'' exhaust and hopefully I won't get the choking feeling after 6k.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ryan34o said:
get some new spark plugs?? maybe your misfiring

as for overboosting?? is it getting colder in your area?

yeah actually it is getting pretty cold here, especially for our area, but how much of a difference do you think that contributes. i cant get it to go below 13 lbs.
we just changed my spark plugs, i will try yo regap them
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
419 Posts
yeah temp definately contributes to boost spike or creep depending on how cold it is and what your tuned at..
 

·
Out on bail
Joined
·
3,816 Posts
all these overboost problems make me wonder if delta wastegate is good or not. i understand that temp makes a diff, but i dont wanna go delta on cybernation if its gonna overboost. i cant afford detonation.
 

·
[email protected] stock tires I/E
Joined
·
1,091 Posts
If you get a Tial wastegate will that solve the problem cause I haven't seen anyone that says that have that.
 

·
[email protected] stock tires I/E
Joined
·
1,091 Posts
I can't remember who I talked to but I think it was someone from CN a while ago that told me that you need an electronic boost controller with the Tial wastegate is this true?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
340 Posts
XxThInKxX said:
all these overboost problems make me wonder if delta wastegate is good or not. i understand that temp makes a diff, but i dont wanna go delta on cybernation if its gonna overboost. i cant afford detonation.
I am not a fan of the Deltagate wastegate. You may want to consider a different wastegate IMO..

Also, many of the newer electronic boost controllers have built in boost limiter/warning functions to help you with any potential spiking problems you come across; The Greddy Profec E-01 boost controller is a good example.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top