Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Chemical Soldier
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need an agenda. Wait for ITB's? I'm thinkin I should P&P my head and install Toda pistons and headgasket all at once. Swap out my Spec A's for N2's of course. Is there anything in particular I should be holding out for? Suggestions are more than welcome...Anyone wanna but some used Spec A's :D

·
Registered
811 Posts
I`d say hold off on the cams for now and wait for some better ones to come out. I forsee much more power will be made in the fuutre with some much more hardcore cams. ITB's would be nice but you still be limited my your cams, but you should still pick up some hp. The price/hp ratio is pretty high though since the only ones out right now are todas. I would also say hold of on them for now. From my understanding the type s head flow pretty well so i dont think you would make a whole bunch of power from a port and polish job. Look at edos BV head. I think he only made like 10hp on the dynapack. I say do the bottom end now and do it right. With 6k you have more then enough for one of those yummy 2.3L short blocks from IB/edo. You get forged pistons and rods with compression and rod length to your spec, you get sleeves for a lareger bore and strength, up to 90mm i think but thats pushin it. You get that extra displacement and strength and you get a stoke short enough to maintain excellent revability. You also get a new oil pump and a new custom oild pan. I say do this so your bottom end is done well and right so you dont have to mess with it again and you`ll have a great base to work from when you do beter cams,ITB's, and ported head etc. later. But thats just IMHO. ;) :thumbsup:

·
Old member
2,641 Posts
Do you plan on making this your daily driver? If so then toda pistons are out of the question as they require race gas of over 100 octane. I also dont think(but dont quote me) that you can use ITB's on a daily driver either. Check Toda's Website for more info on them. I think you should go with some 11.5 compression pistons like I am and leave all that hardcore stuff for the trailer queens. OR you could just wait for the IB/edo motor to be done. Its up to you. :)

Oh yea, someone buy my type r pistons. :)

·
Registered
811 Posts
I know a couple B-series guys that run em daily. You can either air filters instead of the velocity stacks or a plenum and a CAI. The main thing to worry bout is your ecu, as long as the ITBs are properly designed, the ecu aspect is covered, and ur runin a filter(s) then you should be ok.

·
Chemical Soldier
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been over at honda-tech lately and I've seen some sick cars runnin ITB's(incredible midrange gains!). That shit really gets me goin. Toda's ITB's won't be out till mid 2004. And they recommended they could be tuned with K-pro or Motec. Where can I get some more info on Ron's short blocks? I haven't heard anything on the subject for awhile.

·
Registered
811 Posts
They have all the info over at IB. Check out there site and give em a call. I`m pretty sure they are for sale right now. I cant put the site up because chris has it blocked. Though i should anyway becuase appearently i have been declared a vendor but whatever. I`m not gonna be immature and do that. So just use google.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts