Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone!
Just created and account and I’m new to the website! I’m having a problem with my 2002 RSX Type S
The 6th gear pops out after a second or 2 of pressing on the gas. There is no grinding or problems with other gears. Not sure if the transmission is failing or maybe I’m lucky and just need the transmission fluid changed? Just bought the car about a week ago. Car is clean title and has 107k miles. Other than the 6th gear popping out it’s a beauty of a ride. Thanks for your time and stay safe!
Update: This is one day after posting and I’ve noticed a slight difference. I can drive on flat land on the freeway going 85 90 in 6th gear (I don’t speed it’s just to test it out for a couple seconds, darn California drivers) and no pops but the minute it comes to an uphill and I have to apply more gas 6th gear will pop. Just thought I’d update if it helps.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Never heard of 6th gear popping out on a k-series ever... odd. Doesn't sound like the shift fork assembly or clutch master. Might be that they synchro is worn or you're low on mtf.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts