Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,758 Posts
AzaghalSEI said:


I'll post them in their own thread!! :)

Az

P.S. Yeah, what happened to your avatar, B?
i was getting some wtf's when i imed people and i'd had it a while, it was time to part with it:(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
WarmPepsi said:

i was getting some wtf's when i imed people and i'd had it a while, it was time to part with it:(
Word. :thumbsup:

Wireless networks suck.

Nitrous injection ownz.

That is all,

The Management :wavey:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
513 Posts
Now @ 75

As promised went to mechanic, had oil change(8750) and he checked plugs .... everything good so he gave ok to uping it to 75.

So far all is good ..... no problems except can't really use it in 1st gear. I have uped my low end module from 3400 all the way up to 4200 to try and control the tork in 1st gear. It seems to me that it is still best to just slip the clutch at 3 grand and not go to WOT until just before I shift to second. Second to third is still great and I fell a big improvement from 3rd to 4th gear.

No time slips yet but I have been doing a lot of G tech comparisons. I have droped my 1/4 mile times by almost a 1/2 second. With the 50 shot I was getting low fourteens but with the 75 shot I am getting well within the thirteens, with my best being 13.66.

I am out of juice and will have to wait until I get back from China before I can do any more testing. I would however say the car can handle a 75 shot without a problem.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Re: Now @ 75

daddy S said:
As promised went to mechanic, had oil change(8750) and he checked plugs .... everything good so he gave ok to uping it to 75.

So far all is good ..... no problems except can't really use it in 1st gear. I have uped my low end module from 3400 all the way up to 4200 to try and control the tork in 1st gear. It seems to me that it is still best to just slip the clutch at 3 grand and not go to WOT until just before I shift to second. Second to third is still great and I fell a big improvement from 3rd to 4th gear.

No time slips yet but I have been doing a lot of G tech comparisons. I have droped my 1/4 mile times by almost a 1/2 second. With the 50 shot I was getting low fourteens but with the 75 shot I am getting well within the thirteens, with my best being 13.66.

I am out of juice and will have to wait until I get back from China before I can do any more testing. I would however say the car can handle a 75 shot without a problem.
Daddy S, you have raised the bar for all of us - and for that I thank you! :thumbsup:

Az :wavey:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
513 Posts
Plugs and all

I am not sure why but the original plugs are still looking good. My mechanic who designed how the installation should be set up .... had me put the nozzle pointing up from under the intake at exactly 4 inches from the butterfly. That has seemed to be just right for proper dispersal of the fuel/n2o mix.

Knock on wood, I have never had any problems with the system with the exception of the WOT switch which stuck open one time. Lucky for me my rpm window switch didn't let me down.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Re: Plugs and all

daddy S said:
I am not sure why but the original plugs are still looking good. My mechanic who designed how the installation should be set up .... had me put the nozzle pointing up from under the intake at exactly 4 inches from the butterfly. That has seemed to be just right for proper dispersal of the fuel/n2o mix.

Knock on wood, I have never had any problems with the system with the exception of the WOT switch which stuck open one time. Lucky for me my rpm window switch didn't let me down.
Wow.. Hmm.. Now I'm not sure if I should try the densos.. haha I will check out my stock plugs after 3 bottles to see how it's looking.

Thanks for the info Daddy!

Az :wavey:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
513 Posts
not an expert

I don't know much so I depend on my mechanic of 15 years ..... he has the experience and knowledge. He did give me a set of NGK (BCPR6E-11) Stock No. 5632 to use if I found that the stock ones started to give me trouble. He believes they will be what the doctor ordered ;-)
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
get a tranny cooler, should prolong the life of that auto a little, but that tranny is doomed, it may hold up for a while, especially w/ just a 50 shot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
steal my SI said:
get a tranny cooler, should prolong the life of that auto a little, but that tranny is doomed, it may hold up for a while, especially w/ just a 50 shot.
Want to elaborate on that a little, sir?

I haven't seen a tranny cooler for this car yet..


Az
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Im dont know too much about your tranny, but in general after prolonged use any type of power adder ruins auto trannys. Lemme look around for a min. I might be able to link u to what im talking about.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
steal my SI said:
Im dont know too much about your tranny, but in general after prolonged use any type of power adder ruins auto trannys. Lemme look around for a min. I might be able to link u to what im talking about.
Well yeah.. that's why you look into stronger parts than can handle the higher power load.

There are not any out yet. :)

Az
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
ok so im wrong, ur car auto has a cooler stock obvioulsy, and i know u an upgrade some universally, but ur right about ur outta luck yet... I take it no one makes a torque converter yet?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
steal my SI said:
ok so im wrong, ur car auto has a cooler stock obvioulsy, and i know u an upgrade some universally, but ur right about ur outta luck yet... I take it no one makes a torque converter yet?

None that I am aware of.. :( Guys? :dontknow:
 
21 - 37 of 37 Posts
Top