Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
THE EVIL ONE
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well I hope you don't wait for me to teat it man, this thing will be sitting around for a while. I just took my car in to get some major work done in the interior and it set me back a couple of grand, I just bought the front end b/c of the great price, I just will not have the money to put it on and paint it for quite some time.

I'm sure there is somebody on the board that has the C-west rep. front end, and can tell you of the fitment.

Sorry man

6,327 Posts
I hope its a good buy in the long term,$90.00 retail is kinda cheap for a bumper IMO but hopefully its worth it,that way i can buy one too..:laughing:

·
Registered
867 Posts
my c-west front was a replica from GTP, fitment was good...however towards the center grill it seemed to be pushed in a little further (it made my headlights seem as if they were pushed out)

i miss the front, but i dont miss the rock chips because of the combo of a cheap paint job and fiberglass bumper. :(

Attachments

·
werd
2,366 Posts
ivtecrsx said:

i miss the front, but i dont miss the rock chips because of the combo of a cheap paint job and fiberglass bumper. :(
amen to that.. thats exactly what happened to mine. mine was actually cracking in 2 spots. i'm glad i went with greddy lip on stock bumper... car gets outta the shop by friday

·
Registered
867 Posts
for $90 its a good deal...make sure u get a REALLY GOOD THICK paintjob though, you can be cheap on the bumper but not on the paint. and the shop that put mine on put reinforcement bars underneath to make sure it wouldnt sag.

from looking at the part number on this site, it looks like it was made by GTP, in which case fitment will be fairly good.

·
Registered
867 Posts
it all depends on the body shop, not much modification should be needed though. as far as i know, my front didnt have to be molded, the shop just got the holes lined up and painted it...thats it.

as far as painting, your looking at $200 or so, unless u have a hook up.

·
OG Member
10,979 Posts
chips are only caused by rocks hitting bad paint jobs.
i had a replica cwest kit (not 90$ but a replica none-the-less)

the first time it was painted was a shitty job and rock chips to hell.

i got it repainted elsewhere and after that, not a single chip

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
The GTP front will be one of the best fitting replica kits on the market.
I would have to agree with duckywucky about the paitchips being due to a shitty paintjob, rather than fiberglass.

·
Zoom Zoom Zoom!!!
373 Posts
Eh, well here is the thing, I have the genuine C West bumper, fitment is perfect, lines up as good as the factory bumper, fits perfectly, blah blah blah. The Replica bumper which my freind has does not fit quite as well, his Head lights stick out and are not flush with the sides, and he told me they body shop had to cut off a steel reinforcement bar compleately where as for my Genuine C West it just slids right on. No Complaints, as for rick chips, none that are really noticable yet:thumbsup: :driving:

·
Registered
867 Posts
PicRsxS said:
The Replica bumper which my freind has does not fit quite as well, his Head lights stick out and are not flush with the sides, and he told me they body shop had to cut off a steel reinforcement bar compleately where as for my Genuine C West it just slids right on.
thats the same problem i had with my headlights, as far as the reinforcement bar, mine remained there...it was not taken out. I had the GTP C-west replica.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts