Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
DC5-ED9
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

Some of you may have seen my EF 4 door rebuild thread. I sold that car and picked up this CRX the next day. I've been lagging on creating a build thread on this forum, but here it is.

I stumbled upon an ad on craigslist, this guy was looking for a main relay because his CRX wouldn't start. At that time I was in the recovery unit in the ER, bored and drugged out of my mind looking for a crx haha. I e-mailed the guy because in his ad he said the car wouldn't crank. I knew that wasn't a main relay problem so we exchanged numbers and I helped him out. Ended up being a poor ground to the starter. Right after he fixed it he told me he was now selling it, and wanted to know if I was interested. I said HELL YES, drove to meet him, sold my civic, and picked this up immediately.

How I bought it -
2 owner, both in family, clean title.
D16Y8 Swap done by Sportcar Motion
Si tranny
P07 ecu
Tokico Blues w/ junk2 lowering springs

Currently -
D16ZC swap
DC Header
Custom Stainless Cat Back
Function & Form Type 1 Coilovers
No Name Front & Rear Camber Kit
Energy Suspension Ball Joint Bushings
New OEM Sunroof Panel
Momo Steering Wheel w/ Boss Hub & Momo Horn
Megan Dual Bend Short Shifter
Poly-filled motor mounts
Si transmission
PM6 ecu
LED Cluster Conversion
28 LED Dome Light
15x7 +35 Enkei J Speeds
35w 6000k HIDs

Starting doing little mods, picked up a carbon fiber sunroof panel because the one the OEM one on the car was rotted. I got the CF panel re-cleared. These pictures are from before it got the new clear coat

Got a new shift knob. Got rid of it shortly after

Restored the center caps

The swap was completely half assed by Sportcar Motion. Instead of fixing their problems, I searched craigslist for a legal swap. Found a SOHC ZC. Direct replacement JDM swap, somehow smog legal in California though haha.

Same as the last build, I have to thank my dude Eric (QuikSilvr) for helping so much. This guy drove an hour to my house after work at midnight to help me pull the y8 and put in the zc. Finished the swap at 4 am hahaha

Gathering all the missing pieces

·
Super Moderator
430,553 Posts
pretty kool man and nice job on the swap too. also liking the new exhaust on there, any plans on body work or new paint? have fun and keep it up man, looking good so far

·
DC5-ED9
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pretty kool man and nice job on the swap too. also liking the new exhaust on there, any plans on body work or new paint? have fun and keep it up man, looking good so far
The front end is pretty crabby. Plan is (if i can find it cheap enough) to go SiR front end.

If not, i'm just gonna get new fenders, cut em for side markers, possibly a new driver's side door if i cant get the dent smoothed out... Then fresh oem paint. Just gonna do white again, don't wanna worry about mismatching door jams and crap.

Getting coilovers soon, then depending on what I find i may get gsr blades or something aggressive and give her a meaty fitment

I've wanted a crx since i was 16 haha. Took 5 years but atleast i'm more knowledgable now. Probably woulda riced it back in the day

Thanks for the positive feedback! She's getting where i want her to be slowly...

Exhaust vid -
http://youtu.be/bgx9qiI95e0

Probably going to add another resonator

·
DC5-ED9
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys.

Spaz, definitely a mission haha but not mission impossible

Someone emailed me today offering a paint job trade for my old d16y8 swap.
He just came by to see the swap and brought a car he has painted.
Just need a new driver's side fender then it looks like we're gonna do the deal!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
DC5-ED9
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you everyone :thumbsup:

Have another problem I thought I fixed-
Battery has a draining problem overnight. Didn't drive it over the weekend. Jumped in to go to work an hour ago and it cranked super slow.. Back to searching with a multimeter.

My trusty rsx got me to work thankfully haha

·
Super Moderator
430,553 Posts
Thank you everyone :thumbsup:

Have another problem I thought I fixed-
Battery has a draining problem overnight. Didn't drive it over the weekend. Jumped in to go to work an hour ago and it cranked super slow.. Back to searching with a multimeter.

My trusty rsx got me to work thankfully haha
hahah can always count on the rsx

·
DC5-ED9
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Pulled the main relay because only every now and again the fuel pump would not prime, and the car wouldn't start.

Did it the first drive when i became the new owner haha scared me to death

Found two bad connections, touched all of em up

·
DC5-ED9
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Rsx owners lovin a crx.... My kind of bros hahaha

Friday installing - megan racing dual bend short shifter, es shifter bushings, finally got a gasket for my dc header.
Also going to remove the dashpot from the intake mani, have a feeling that may be causing my rev hang issue. Then pulling the drivers side door panel. Have a feeling the sensor in there is dirty or bad, causing my battery drain and seatbelt light to flash.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 72 Posts