Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My A/C and heater will not blow ANY air at all. Hot or cold. I was driving with it on and it basically just stopped working. Like I said, it will not blow ANY air at all. Any suggestions?

·
Shiny side up!
930 Posts
Blower motor fuse ,,or motor itself ..first thought ,,possible relay/ switch So no auto function? no speeds? Try hitting blower motor (not like a mad man) with it on ,,to see if you get any reaction

·
Shiny side up!
930 Posts
Resistor is usually related to the different speeds ...most set ups ... loose part of the resistor ...loose some of the different speeds I will check wire diagram to see if i can come up with anything . I will assume that you checked the fuses? OK, POWER TRANSISTOR LOOKS LIKE A GOOD CANIDATE (IN AIR DUCT ) BESIDE BLOWER MOTOR . FANCY NAME FOR HEATER RESISTOR. I HAVE NOT SEEN THIS, BUT IF IT'S LIKE MOST MODERN ONE'S IT WILL LOOK LIKE PRINTED CIRCUIT . AND THEIR MAY BE A SOLDER JOINT IN THE MIDDLE THAT HAS DETERORATED. IT MAY BE THE CAUSE ;IT MAY NOT . IF YOU HAVE THE SERVICE MANUAL , YOU WILL SEE THEIR IS A LOT INVOLVED ,, DUE TO CLIMATE CONTROL & THE LIKE. BUT THE RESISTOR IS A EASY CHECK.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i was thinking maybe the power transistor for the blower motor myself. no real way to tell without just replacing it and seeing if it works is there? thanks for the info. i don't have a service manual and im lost with this electrical stuff.

·
200 Posts
i got the same problem, but my problem is my car wont blow hot air just cold air, so basically i can use a/c but not heater and my ac freeking cold... went to acura and they cant fix it, tried to replace themorsthat, but same thing happen, so i leave it is and wont drive the car in the winter... which is sucks, any inputs?

·
got swirls?
2,366 Posts
i got the same problem, but my problem is my car wont blow hot air just cold air, so basically i can use a/c but not heater and my ac freeking cold... went to acura and they cant fix it, tried to replace themorsthat, but same thing happen, so i leave it is and wont drive the car in the winter... which is sucks, any inputs?
i have the opposite problem. i have heat but no cold air :thumbsdow

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I have this same problem starting last week, the AC and heater works but the blower sometime works and sometimes doesnt...
Could it be theblower's fuse or relay? I'd really doubt it's the motor...

thanks
i had same problem. thought it was resistor but it was my motor. stillnot fixed yet but u can check under the drivers side. move the knob from cold to hot and u should a gears movin. my are moving but are getting stuck are certainplaces. broken gears erhaps

·
Registered
39 Posts
I came back from the mechanic...he said it was my climate sensor (black sensor pointing to the sun). Installed and the AC is working - check that first because it's faster than any other issue.

·
Registered
51 Posts
sounds like the transistor. to check if the motor works just hook it up direct to seeif it will blow. it should. i have the same problem just ordered mine

·
Registered
3 Posts
im just now having the same problem with my a/c and heater :( it dont wrk i move the knobs i hear the changes it makes wen u change it to the defogger or to the feet and face but still no air blowing out anyone knw wat it might be ? plz help

·
2002 EBP RSX 5m w/Leather
294 Posts
Check your cabin filters...

have you ever changed (or have it changed by mechanic) your in-cabin filter? It is located behind the glove box, above the blower motor. If it doesn't get changed it gets clogged up, blocking airflow, which, eventually, can burn out the blower motor. I did this to my last Honda, first I noticed the air wasn't coming out as fast, then, after a while, the blower motor would sometimes work, sometimes not (it was overheating, I'm sure). But, I ended up losing my A/C--the compressor must have overheated from lack of airflow.:ugh: I got a blower motor from a junkyard for like $50 and changed it myself. (One thing Honda makes fairly easy to change).

Get filters cheap on ebay (less than $8 for the pair, free shipping) or at local auto parts store.
...http://www.ebay.com/itm/140820268249 or search for part # 80292-S5D-A01

It's easy to check/replace:
CRSX DIY: http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=596926
EASIER: youtube video for a civic (almost exactly the same, except the filter door flips up & out instead of sideways, and is white in color) (TIP: no screwdriver necessary, just push the tabs in from the outside w/finger) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2w4n7pVhJg

I'm posting this to urge you all to do preventative maintenance... I saw the filters with piles of dirt & tiny leaves & bugs when I went to change the blower motor out...Don't let it get that bad! (that's why I burned out my A/C compressor and the heater blower motor). A/C compressors are not a cheap fix. Changing the cabin filter is cheap & easy.:thumbsup:

Honda/Acura service interval is 30K/15K miles normal/severe maintenance sched.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I check the fusebox under the hood and its ok and I've changed the filters but still no luck guys wen I checked in cabinfilter place I notice there are some kind of fuses there think one of them fuses is the one not working And were can I find the power transistor module

·
2002 EBP RSX 5m w/Leather
294 Posts
I check the fusebox under the hood and its ok and I've changed the filters but still no luck guys wen I checked in cabinfilter place I notice there are some kind of fuses there think one of them fuses is the one not working And were can I find the power transistor module

Driver's side interior fuse box (behind panel under steering wheel) check fuse #14 ...this is for several relays.

If this fuse is good, here is DIY for transistor module: http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=506999

TO ALL: Link for .PDF service manual (RSX -all years/models US & Can.) someone was kind enough to hyperlink it...meaning you download this (free) on your computer and you click on a page reference in contents or index and it takes you to that page/section. I also have this on my iPad, which means I can take it to my car, no book needed.:D
(Interior fuses found on page 22-57 of this manual)
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=673881

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.