Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Whorehay..
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think my a/c broke yesterday.. I was driving on the highway and using the front windshield defroster and i then switched it back to the face and leg setting and noticed that a/c didnt get cold at all and would blow nothing but hot air. I just would like to know what could be the problem? and how much might it cost?

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
sounds like all your feon leaked out...how many miles on the car? Same thing happened in my gsr, I was driving on the highway and my a/c all of a sudden started blowing hot air. Turned out the seals on the compressor went bad and it all leaked out from the compressor. But of course that was on a 95 car so I would figure seals are gonna end up going bad here and there. In your case..might of been a rock or something hit your condensor. Go to an a/c shop and they can find out where the leak is by using dye.

·
Registered
644 Posts
same thing happend to me how much did they say it was going to cost to fix? they told me $968 which im going to pay cause i want ac cause summer is coming. do you guys think i can have acura maybe pay for half of hit? it's kinda dumb that a rock can hit your condensor and your out almost $1000 they should have some thing to protect it since it cost so much to fix don't you think? not sure yet if im going to call acura what do you guys think i should call or not even bother

·
Registered
317 Posts
I had the same prblm and thought it was the condenser. Took it in for warranty work and Acura told me there was a glitch in the computer and they only had to reset the ECU. I felt it was BS but the prblm was fixed so I didn't care.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts