Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 03 rsx base. my condensor fan has a mind of its own and decides if whether or not it wants to turn on or off. if you hit the fan motor it works fine, but if I'm idling in traffic my A/C just turns into a fan and blows hot air.

I live in Houston texas so I need my A/C to work properly, last year it hardly ever blew cold and my GF was pissed off. I didn't enjoy the ride very much either.

So, how hard is it to replace the condenser fan or the motor? I don't have a good mechanic to trust. My mechanic broke more stuff in my car than repairing it. (Note*** I went to my mechanic 3 times for them to fix my A/C, they said its fixed but when summer comes around, the darn thing craps out on me, the last diagnosis on my car was that the condenser fan wasn't working properly. I hope they are right this time cause ive spent too much $$$$ on just the damn A/C.)

Lastly, what is the best way to paint the stock rims black. I wanna go stock and sell the ugly rims that I have on them now.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I have an 03 rsx base. my condensor fan has a mind of its own and decides if whether or not it wants to turn on or off. if you hit the fan motor it works fine, but if I'm idling in traffic my A/C just turns into a fan and blows hot air.

I live in Houston texas so I need my A/C to work properly, last year it hardly ever blew cold and my GF was pissed off. I didn't enjoy the ride very much either.

So, how hard is it to replace the condenser fan or the motor? I don't have a good mechanic to trust. My mechanic broke more stuff in my car than repairing it. (Note*** I went to my mechanic 3 times for them to fix my A/C, they said its fixed but when summer comes around, the darn thing craps out on me, the last diagnosis on my car was that the condenser fan wasn't working properly. I hope they are right this time cause ive spent too much $$$$ on just the damn A/C.)

Lastly, what is the best way to paint the stock rims black. I wanna go stock and sell the ugly rims that I have on them now.
Just replace the entire assembly but switch the fan balde itself back over with the oem one. It's pretty easy, I did it last week, bought the dorman assembly from Amazon for about $35.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just replace the entire assembly but switch the fan balde itself back over with the oem one. It's pretty easy, I did it last week, bought the dorman assembly from Amazon for about $35.
You said it was easy, I'm completely lost. Do I take out the whole radiator assembly! Or is it possible to just take out the fan only? I'm stuck

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
You said it was easy, I'm completely lost. Do I take out the whole radiator assembly! Or is it possible to just take out the fan only? I'm stuck
You don't need to take out the radiator, just the fan assembly

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
would anyone be able to help me out with this? my ac is still blowin hot, my mechanic says its the actuator valve. Its the valve under the dashboard. Its hot af out here in texas and I'm getting frustrated. I already replaced multiple parts but my ac wont work properly. Could it be an electrical problem?

·
Registered
163 Posts
does your AC compressor kick on? Better thing to start with to troubleshoot exactly what's going on would be to download the manual Halfast Eddie recommended and start from page 21-10 and take it from there after you determine what symptoms exactly you are experiencing in your ac system.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.