The following is the step by step diagnostic for the climate control to identify codes:
1. Turn ignition sw off.
2. Turn fan sw off, temp control to max cool, mode control to vent.
3. Turn ignition sw on.
4. Press and hold the recirc button, withing 10 sec press the rear defogger 5 times.
5. Release, and the recirc should blink 2 times and the A/C light comes on.
6. Diagnosis begins. (~15 sec)
7. After the A/C light goes out the recirc should blink the code 1-13 if anything is wrong.
8. If there are problems in the evap temp sensor, the A/C light will blink the code.
1. Open in in-car temp sensor.
2. Short in in-car temp sensor.
3. Open in outside air temp sensor.
4. Short in outside air temp sensor.
5. Open in sunlight sensor.
6. Short in sunlight sensor.
7. Open in air mix control motor.
8. Short in air mix control motor.
9. Problem in the air mix linkage, door or motor.
10. Open or short in the mode control motor circuit.
11. Problem in the mode control linkage, doors or motor.
12. Problem in the blower motor circuit.
13. Problem in the EEPROM in the climate control unit.
14. Open in the evap temp sensor circuit.
15. Short in the evap temp sensor circuit