Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Drop Top Mafia
3,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm assuming either a leak happened and the freon leaked or it just needs to be recharged. Car is an 02 RSX-s with 58,000 miles. It was working yesterday and idk what happened. Normally it blows ICE cold and now it probably if anything changes a degree if i put the a/c on. I did pop the hood and put my arm down to the front motor mount to see if there was a bolt inside that stupid rubber thing but I doubt i broke anything a/c related, or anything at all.

·
Registered
25 Posts
If the clutch isnt kicking on, turn your AC on full blast, and put a re-charge on your lowside (with guage) untill it kicks on or reads full. If a no go, try your compressor cut-off switch.

·
Robsrsx
478 Posts
I'm assuming either a leak happened and the freon leaked or it just needs to be recharged. Car is an 02 RSX-s with 58,000 miles. It was working yesterday and idk what happened. Normally it blows ICE cold and now it probably if anything changes a degree if i put the a/c on. I did pop the hood and put my arm down to the front motor mount to see if there was a bolt inside that stupid rubber thing but I doubt i broke anything a/c related, or anything at all.
Get it recharged. When I replaced my ac conndenser due to an accident I forgot to tighten one of the bolts and as I was driving I hear a pssssssssst like a blow off valve and I see a white cloud \ haze behind me, well the fluid leaked out, now I have to recharge it again.

·
Registered
93 Posts
A leak would cause a gradual loss of cooling. If it was working one day and not the next, it would be such a leak that a recharge wouldn't fix it.

My guess is a failed pressure switch, a failed compressor clutch, or a loose cable.

·
JDM>USDM
38,437 Posts

·
Premium Member
44,375 Posts
your condensor is fucked. you need a new one, and a recharge.

·
Premium Member
44,375 Posts
A leak would cause a gradual loss of cooling. If it was working one day and not the next, it would be such a leak that a recharge wouldn't fix it.

My guess is a failed pressure switch, a failed compressor clutch, or a loose cable.
not necessarily. when my condenser was hit by a rock causing a leak, that 'gradual' loss of cooling took only 4 hours. in others, it worked at lunch, didn't work after work.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.