Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Manual RSX that I believe has a mold problem in the AC intake. Every time I switch from fan to AC it smells like old mildewed ass. :vomit:
I've sprayed ozium into the fans but that was only a temporary fix. Anybody know of a product out there that can solve my problems once and for all?

·
Registered
579 Posts
Yep, change that cabin air filter and make sure the drain tube is open and not holding a festering pool of water in the bottom of the blower box.

·
Just Cooping
4,760 Posts
as others have said look at the filters behind the glove box. There are two of them, then you can also put like an air freshener or softener sheet on the filter. I have not done this, just read of many people doing it.

Reactions: abowersrsx

·
Sell me your NES games!!
5,876 Posts
Yep, change that cabin air filter and make sure the drain tube is open and not holding a festering pool of water in the bottom of the blower box.
I didn't realize there was a drain tube. How can I get to that?

I've had the mildewy smell since I bought the car but now it only happens when I use the AC or defrost. When I changed the filters they were disgusting and figured there was something else I was missing since the smell didn't 100% go away.

·
Retired OG
147,491,194 Posts
the drain for the A/C evaporator is at the base of your firewall right as your exhaust starts to bend in the "tunnel"

Reactions: TQSOH2

·
Brevit : the soul of wit
9,422 Posts
when ever u use ur A/C take a min. and turn off ur A/C but have the air stiLL running...that's how u prevent moLd, but to treat it Listen to these guys then keep preventing it

hope it heLps.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts