Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
*BOOSTED* Lead Foot
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just wondering what the normal operation of a good tuning is for idle.
I'm getting knock at around 2k rpm's but it goes away as the rpm's kick up.
for right now, at idle, my a/f gauge is pegged in the rich area. If I take fuel away, it goes all over the place but settles back on rich and I notice more knocking so I tune it to have more fuel at 1krpm's...I think I'm set at -20% or -25%

·
Registered
419 Posts
Aft3rburn said:
I'm just wondering what the normal operation of a good tuning is for idle.
I'm getting knock at around 2k rpm's but it goes away as the rpm's kick up.
for right now, at idle, my a/f gauge is pegged in the rich area. If I take fuel away, it goes all over the place but settles back on rich and I notice more knocking so I tune it to have more fuel at 1krpm's...I think I'm set at -20% or -25%
i used to knock and ping when i was around 2k rpms..and when id downshift id let it slowly settle to 2k and id get alot of knocking in 2nd gear..i pretty much just tuned it out and it was fine..

·
*BOOSTED* Lead Foot
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
could you PLEASE send me your settings on your SAFC? I think these ones from CN are more for safety...I'd like to compare your settings and theirs and go from there...as I know nothing about tuning

on the same note, I'm getting a backfire at high rpms just before 8krpm's...does that mean I'm runnin' too much fuel and should slowly decrease the fuel until a) A/F doesn't stay in rich and/or b) I don't get the backfire anymore?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts