Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Curious Gooner
3,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On misleading title, but it got you in here. I put a TL:DR at the bottom.

But here recently I have come across two groups of people I hate.... 1st group I hate because of something they cannot control (i'm a hater:datass:) and the second group because they are just pieces of shit basically.

1st group: I hate all you F-ers living in California! You can all go jump off a bridge with no bungee or parachute! You don't know how many times I see a quality part, for a super cheap price, only to find out its in Cali and a Local pickup only. Screw you guys for hoarding all the good DC5 parts! Anyone else feel me on this one?!

O.k. I love my DC5 Cali crew, I just wished I had the access to a lot of the parts, sellers, and shops over there.. :finger:

2nd group: I hate all those people who comment in person or on line at someone's build when they do something they dont agree with. I always hear at meets that "oh this guy has replicas, or this guy had racelands, he's so cheap" Then when someone comes along who is saving up money to actually get some higher quality parts, they joke them for still being stock?! What the actual fuck?! :stfu:

This past weekend this guy was ragging on some college kid for being on lowering springs and painted stock wheels. He kept mentioning its better to just save, and get a quality setup like his. Now ok, big whoop, you thing someone should save, I cannot fault you for feeling that way. But then I swear I overhear him talking about another person's car being too stock, and they need to go ahead and do anything to drop it because of their wheel gap.

It was this point that I said something to him. I casually asked him why he keeps cutting down other people's rides? We all start somewhere, and everyone doesn't have the same income as him, so coming to a car meet just to talk big is a real dick move. I proceeded to tell him how its guys like him that are ruining what's left of the car scene is certain places. People feel like unless they are riding around on some brand new buddy clubs, with itr brembo conversion, and Voke TE37's, that they will be made fun of and not accepted as part of the community. After a few more words with this "character" he ended up leaving, and a lot of people came up to me talking about how they felt the exact same way, and that's why they didn't come out as often.

Idk maybe its just me, but I really dont like people bad mouthing other peoples builds. Giving them good info such as :"hey you should wait a little and buy a camber kit before you lower you car to save money in the long run" is awesome, hell i welcome it, but just belittling people because they aren't running the most expensive parts is just annoying as hell.
:fuu:

This was more of a TTB i guess....

TL/DR: #1 I hate Cali people cause they have all the best parts and shops. But I love them. #2 I hate pricks that make fun of other people's rides, without providing any insight or guidance. Thus running people away from the car scene.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
On misleading title, but it got you in here. I put a TL:DR at the bottom.

But here recently I have come across two groups of people I hate.... 1st group I hate because of something they cannot control (i'm a hater:datass:) and the second group because they are just pieces of shit basically.

1st group: I hate all you F-ers living in California! You can all go jump off a bridge with no bungee or parachute! You don't know how many times I see a quality part, for a super cheap price, only to find out its in Cali and a Local pickup only. Screw you guys for hoarding all the good DC5 parts! Anyone else feel me on this one?!

O.k. I love my DC5 Cali crew, I just wished I had the access to a lot of the parts, sellers, and shops over there.. :finger:

2nd group: I hate all those people who comment in person or on line at someone's build when they do something they dont agree with. I always hear at meets that "oh this guy has replicas, or this guy had racelands, he's so cheap" Then when someone comes along who is saving up money to actually get some higher quality parts, they joke them for still being stock?! What the actual fuck?! :stfu:

This past weekend this guy was ragging on some college kid for being on lowering springs and painted stock wheels. He kept mentioning its better to just save, and get a quality setup like his. Now ok, big whoop, you thing someone should save, I cannot fault you for feeling that way. But then I swear I overhear him talking about another person's car being too stock, and they need to go ahead and do anything to drop it because of their wheel gap.

It was this point that I said something to him. I casually asked him why he keeps cutting down other people's rides? We all start somewhere, and everyone doesn't have the same income as him, so coming to a car meet just to talk big is a real dick move. I proceeded to tell him how its guys like him that are ruining what's left of the car scene is certain places. People feel like unless they are riding around on some brand new buddy clubs, with itr brembo conversion, and Voke TE37's, that they will be made fun of and not accepted as part of the community. After a few more words with this "character" he ended up leaving, and a lot of people came up to me talking about how they felt the exact same way, and that's why they didn't come out as often.

Idk maybe its just me, but I really dont like people bad mouthing other peoples builds. Giving them good info such as :"hey you should wait a little and buy a camber kit before you lower you car to save money in the long run" is awesome, hell i welcome it, but just belittling people because they aren't running the most expensive parts is just annoying as hell.
:fuu:

This was more of a TTB i guess....

TL/DR: #1 I hate Cali people cause they have all the best parts and shops. But I love them. #2 I hate pricks that make fun of other people's rides, without providing any insight or guidance. Thus running people away from the car scene.

Too bad on #1 just because you live in Shitville.
Agreed on #2 , its good that you spoke up to dousche like that. We all starts somewhere. Just like your car, its shit now but it will eventually get somewhere..hahahahah..j/k man. :D

·
It is inevitable
15,843 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,808 Posts
I always love the people who call out shit wrong on others cars.. then you look at their car and just scratch your head and say WTF?! cause it's a pile but they then say something like oh I don't care about my car. Well then you have no right critiquing others

·
Registered
8,955 Posts
...But here recently I have come across two groups of people I hate.... 1st group I hate because of something they cannot control...[/B]
Not true!

They could move out of California. They could move to your town. (I think half of Californians are already in Oregon; I'd gladly send you some of ours :dontknow:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Full disclosure: I'm old and grumpy. Not an excuse, but, as to your second gripe, I personally don't go to such social gatherings without my handy- dandy cattle prod. Straightens those rude folks right up.

Full disclosure part 2: my efforts to help cure folks of stupid habits do not apply to myself. I'm an old punker, that's my Dr's excuse, in writing, and I'm sticking to it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts