Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
U mad bro?
1,034,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I ordered a few things I've been wanting for a while, nothing big, but heres a pic of what I got:

-Type R Valve Cover
-Type R Dipstick (I didn't like the ugly orange one)
-Password JDM Magnetic Oil and Tranny Plugs
-Replica Mugen Front and Rear Strut Bar
-ESMM's
-Mugen Reservoir Covers

I'll give a slight review of the install and feelings afterward for the strut bars and ESMM's.

Replica Mugen Strut Bars - The front was a piece of cake to put in. No problems there. The rear was a different story, some of you may have seen my thread I made about not being able to get the bolts to line up. Well, I ended up using a heavy duty drill to make the holes just a little bit bigger. It finally fit! No damage was done to the bar, the holes are just a hair wider. I also cut the rear seat molding a bit different from what I've seen on here. Many people have cut a hole large enough so you have access to the bolts when you put the seat down. I didn't really like this, so I cut out slots on the side, big enough for the bar to fit through. You can see in the pics I don't have access to the bolts, I would have to pull the molding back to get to them. I like it this way a lot more, looks cleaner IMO. I haven't done a whole lot of spirited cornering with these on, but my initial feeling is that they definately tightened things up! :thumbsup:

ESMM's - Install was a BITCH! I installed mine without dropping the subframe, which could have possibly made it more difficult, but I did not want to have to get a front end alignment afterward. Space was very limited which made it even more difficult. Getting the mounts out was not too hard, the bolts were stubborn at first but once they were broken loose it was easy. Getting the bolts back in was a different story. I probably spent a good 3 hours trying to get the bolts to line back up to catch thread. I don't know why I had such a difficult time with this, but for those of you who plan on installing these later, be prepared! Now, as far as the after feeling of these mounts... Holy shit it feels like a totally different car! I love them and all the trouble was well worth it. I've had them on for about 4 days now and the vibes are already starting to become more subtle. And for those of you who are worried about vibes or complain they are too much... STFU, these things aren't really noticeable at all. I highly recommend them! :thumbsup:

Now for more pics:

1)

2)
(Ignore the smudges, I didn't clean the bar before I took the pic)
3)

4)

5)

6)

Let me know what you guys think! :thumbsup: +rep if you like!

·
I know you're singing it
323 Posts
looks great man, yea ive yet to install my ESMM's because as you said its a bitch lol

·
:)
15,563 Posts
looks hot! where u get itr valve cover and how much?

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Looks great! Where did you order the replica Mugen Front Strut from? I heard of them not fitting correctly, but since yours did just wondering where you got it from. Thanks.

Nice car

·
U mad bro?
1,034,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dub3 said:
It Looks Very nice!!! where did you get the strut bars an for how much +REP
Thanks man! I got the strut bars from http://www.importhorizon.com/mugenstylefrontbar.html for $150 shipped.
looks hot! where u get itr valve cover and how much?
Thanks! I got the ITR valve cover from http://www.jdmland.com/ It was $180 for the valve cover and spark plug cover.
are you planning to replace the oil cap too
Umm... I will eventually, not too worried about it right now.
Looks great! Where did you order the replica Mugen Front Strut from? I heard of them not fitting correctly, but since yours did just wondering where you got it from. Thanks.
Thanks man! I ordered the front and rear replica mugen strut bars from http://www.importhorizon.com/mugenstylefrontbar.html. I had to drill the holes a bit bigger, so if you can't get yours to fit, you will probably have to do the same thing!
Nice car[/QUOTE]

Haro827 said:
No pics of the Mugen Reservoir Covers?
Not yet haha, when I ordered it I thought it came with two, but it was only one, so i figured I'll wait to take pics of those when I order another one haha

Thanks for the comments guys! all +rep'd back :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
looks good bro..... i plan on gettin a autentic mugen bar and same with the valve cover..

·
U mad bro?
1,034,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Im going to be getting my ESMM on later next week... how do you like it with them on? Vibrations really that noticable?
Reading owns you...

JoshJ said:
Now, as far as the after feeling of these mounts... Holy shit it feels like a totally different car! I love them and all the trouble was well worth it. I've had them on for about 4 days now and the vibes are already starting to become more subtle. And for those of you who are worried about vibes or complain they are too much... STFU, these things aren't really noticeable at all. I highly recommend them!
i love the way they feel. the car feels a lot different in a good way. startup is amazing! you will get used to the vibes... they really arent bad, noticeable yes, but unbearable no. you wont regret installing them :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts