Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i want to go with a 150 shot but im gonna start off with a 50. since i have never shot nos before. I drive a base rsx. SO other than the whole kit and forged pistons and rods what do i need.

What kit would you recommned i was reading about pointing the fogger away from the tb...etc any help thanks

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
read around the forums here, take a closer look at threads, even try the sticky. i'd reccommend going a different route than even thinking of a 150 shot.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
i think with that big of a shot u might want to go with a sleeved block and lower compression pistons

·
Registered
378 Posts
Yeah, and dont call it nos. F&F gave nitrous a bad name.
DAMN THAT PAUL WALKER.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Oh shit!

By the way, with that 150 shot, make sure you dont blow the welds on the intake!

Make sure you reinforce your floor paneling just incase it falls off at high speeds!

Make sure you double clutch all the way to 6th gear, you dont wanna be granny shiftin!

Juss playin:)

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
dirtehmorsx said:
well what route would you go with a base rsx
depends on what you're looking for.

all motor, n2o, or boost.

boost means most performance, least life, most wear and tear.

all motor means gradual performance, least wear and tear, long life.

n2o means performance when you want it, no extra wear and tear when you don't.

however, with a shot that big, you're asking for issues. I'd never reccomend going over a 100 shot on an rsx, let alone a base.

if you're looking for a 300hp beast, you have two options in my mind... sell the rsx, or feed it a turbo and deal with the short life.

·
JLA Bitches!
14,394 Posts
Read, read, and read some more. Read this forum. Read the sticky. Then post some questions. 150 on your base is asking for mommy to buy you a new motor. Not that it's not doable, just that you've NEVER used nitrous before. It's eminent situation.

·
JLA Bitches!
14,394 Posts
Hey, why bother with the small talk. I give it to you straight up. If you don't like it, come kick my ass... umm wait... I take that back. Don't come kick my ass.... Actually... yeah, come kick my ass. I need some money and nothing pays better than pain and suffering. :p

·
Registered
378 Posts
No,no, it doesnt pay that good. If it did, I would be a gagialianare and be with clubNsx.com among many many others.

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
FLASH ME said:
Yeah, and dont call it nos. F&F gave nitrous a bad name.
DAMN THAT PAUL WALKER.
hell yeah, if you're gonna call it NOS, then at least spell it right man......

NNNNNNNNNNAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

:rolleyes: :shakehead :laughing:

·
Not Plugged In
15,483 Posts
150 shot would require different plugs, fuel injectors, etc, right? So wouldn't driving the car run slower since your not feeding it all the nitrous its tuned to work with? Colder plugs w/o nitrous isn't the best.. your car will be a lot slower then stock then.

best bet is beef up the bottom end and use a 35-50 shot until you know how your car handles and you feel comfortable. 75-100 shot is a lot for most people.. I couldn't imagine 150 in an rsx...ahh!!!

·
Not Plugged In
15,483 Posts
wow i thought with colder plugs, the car's performance would be lower...

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
lol, well, it didn't add anything, if you're looking for more power from plugs... .erm, yeah :D

nah, it didn't make a noticeable difference at all.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts