Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

A Few Questions about NOS

Tags
nos questions
1K views 31 replies 11 participants last post by  Acuraivtec 
#1 ·
so i want to go with a 150 shot but im gonna start off with a 50. since i have never shot nos before. I drive a base rsx. SO other than the whole kit and forged pistons and rods what do i need.

What kit would you recommned i was reading about pointing the fogger away from the tb...etc any help thanks

#3 ·
i think with that big of a shot u might want to go with a sleeved block and lower compression pistons

#7 ·
Oh shit!

By the way, with that 150 shot, make sure you dont blow the welds on the intake!

Make sure you reinforce your floor paneling just incase it falls off at high speeds!

Make sure you double clutch all the way to 6th gear, you dont wanna be granny shiftin!

Juss playin:)

#8 ·
dirtehmorsx said:
well what route would you go with a base rsx
depends on what you're looking for.

all motor, n2o, or boost.

boost means most performance, least life, most wear and tear.

all motor means gradual performance, least wear and tear, long life.

n2o means performance when you want it, no extra wear and tear when you don't.

however, with a shot that big, you're asking for issues. I'd never reccomend going over a 100 shot on an rsx, let alone a base.

if you're looking for a 300hp beast, you have two options in my mind... sell the rsx, or feed it a turbo and deal with the short life.

#17 ·
150 shot would require different plugs, fuel injectors, etc, right? So wouldn't driving the car run slower since your not feeding it all the nitrous its tuned to work with? Colder plugs w/o nitrous isn't the best.. your car will be a lot slower then stock then.

best bet is beef up the bottom end and use a 35-50 shot until you know how your car handles and you feel comfortable. 75-100 shot is a lot for most people.. I couldn't imagine 150 in an rsx...ahh!!!

#23 ·
Colder plugs will not hinder performance when off the bottle. It will however cause carbon build up if you drive "normally." With warmer plugs, it allows all the carbon to get burned off, but with colder plugs, it needs to be run a bit harder for it to achieve that. Colder plugs are meant to be run at higher rpms at a longer period of time. If you drive normal all day everyday with a set of colder plugs, you will start get get some carbon build up. That will hinder performance.

#26 ·
what does that mean by how many shots?
can someone explain more detail??

thanks... :)

dirtehmorsx said:
so i want to go with a 150 shot but im gonna start off with a 50. since i have never shot nos before. I drive a base rsx. SO other than the whole kit and forged pistons and rods what do i need.

What kit would you recommned i was reading about pointing the fogger away from the tb...etc any help thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.