Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
k, so i'm gettin a guage pod, and was told the 194 bulbs are the bulbs i need, so since i have nothing to do, and no pod or guages yet, i go to check out the bulbs....and below we have the two choices ( i got red to match the dash lights, since the guages will have a silver face too :thumbsup: )

Attachments

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
the left one ( lighting technologies ) was $3.76 for 2 packages at auto zone. and is a much deeper red bulb.

the right one ( ge ) was $6 at wal-fart... and was a lighter color... ( i got this one first )

so, since my parking lights are already white, i realize, i can test the bulbs in the parking light spots.....

results below on real color...

Attachments

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
as you can notice....the ge bulb ( right ) is more orange, and is almost a hint of pink when lookin at it.....

on the left ( lighting tech ) is more of a red ( looks almost pink, but isn't. )

NOTE: i put them in the housings just because i couldn't get a good shot of them, and once they were in, they contrasted a lot differently....

the only way i could compare the two bulbs was to do it with the low beams on, so that they got the same amount of light ( stupid smart digi cams )

this one is lighting tech..

Attachments

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
and finally, this is the ge......

as you can see, anyone who is doing what i am, wants the lighting tech bulbs, unless you want to pay more and then have to buy the little bulb covers from summit :(

hopefully, i just saved a few people some spare change. :wavey: :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
690 Posts
not bad mine got the deeper red with the GE and the Autometer plug cover... do more pics when you get the gauges...

That one those looks much more deep red than mine with the cover on... ill try to post pictures but the flash reflects the silver on the gauges and cant see sh8T

keep me posted

·
1,102 Posts
LOL. :laughing: :laughing:

i alrdy have those left side on my gauges, looks str8.

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol, it did look kinda dope though, i thought about just leavin them in for the night, since i live out in the middle of nowhere.... but then i realized i'd forget, and get pulled over or somethin :laughing:

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wait.....so you have yours, and you have the left ones? the good ones? pictures? hello? what the hell are you waiting for? :laughing:

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
wow the red looks nie..i think ill have to put blue in mine :)

·
Registered
690 Posts
stryker said:
the lights look pretty cool...too bad it's illegal :(
the topic is about the gauge light Warm still dont have the gauges so he testing the LIghts on the headlight...

very nice find on those autozone ones.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i'm glad someone can read, mine are just normal white right now... the yellow annoyed me.

:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 64 Posts