Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

been looking for a lip kit for my 2002 type s
I have been searching around for a little while on forums and asked our good friend google enough times .
What I am after is a basic lip kit to give the car a little lower stance. I am having a little trouble with deciphering which ones are actually extended down compared to same as stock.
can you guys give me a little help ?
I still want the stock "look"
just so you know i am already lowered on coils, and i am not looking for anything insane. i don't want to be dragging ass on every bump.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
262 Posts
They all look roughly the same in terms of looking lower
I suggest Type R or Aspec Front lip + Sti Vlip for the front
Aspec Sideskirts
And any rear lip would suffice. I'd suggest the mugen rear lip unless you don't like mismatch a lip kit haha

·
Registered
153 Posts
I think unless you get those ridiculous buddy club type aero kits you shouldn't be draggin ass with any lip kit.
i thought the type-r style would help reduce drag............no?

·
Registered
153 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Type R and A-spec are similar sizes so they'll be similar height from the ground. Type R rear lip may sit a little closer to the ground than A-spec but it's marginal.

Mugen (as far as I know) sits lower than A-spec and Type-R.

Here's mine with the Type-R lips.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for all the info guys, was really helpful. I am leaning more towards the Type R kit. keeps that stock look.
although i really like the mugen rear.....that looks really sharp!
has anyone done the type R front and sides with the mugen rear? how does it line up?

I am going to look at doing this over the winter since the car spent most of the summer in pieces!
Although hoping to have it all back together and ready for a few passes at street legals to see what she is running before going back to the garage for the winter.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts