Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

i installed a SRI on my car like 1 week ago. The installation was really easy and i can feel the car going faster a lil bit and climbin rpm's faster but i got a little problem with it. It seems like when i press the gas pedal like ( in middle position) not to the floor or close to not givin gas but there is like a point when i can hear a little squeek or whinin like if i had a turbo.. when i press it almost to the floor its not doing it and when i press it gently, it wont do it either. Its just when im at a certain position on the gas pedal, like a friction point.. thats weird.. anywayz i checked everything in the engine bay and nothin is touchin the intake and i installed it very carefully without breakin anything. Just wonderin if you guys have any input on what may cause that little squeekin/whinin sound. Thanks!

·
Registered
974 Posts
Hi guys,

i installed a SRI on my car like 1 week ago. The installation was really easy and i can feel the car going faster a lil bit and climbin rpm's faster but i got a little problem with it. It seems like when i press the gas pedal like ( in middle position) not to the floor or close to not givin gas but there is like a point when i can hear a little squeek or whinin like if i had a turbo.. when i press it almost to the floor its not doing it and when i press it gently, it wont do it either. Its just when im at a certain position on the gas pedal, like a friction point.. thats weird.. anywayz i checked everything in the engine bay and nothin is touchin the intake and i installed it very carefully without breakin anything. Just wonderin if you guys have any input on what may cause that little squeekin/whinin sound. Thanks!
hahaha yeah bro its perfectly normal!!! All you need to do now is get it at the perfect rmp at the perfect miles per hour when it makes that noise and cruise next to some ricer and then they'll ask you " hey bro is that shit turbo" and then you say "you fuckin know it" lol, nah but for real Ive seriously been asked that before by some ricers! I got a kick out of it!!

·
Sell me your NES games!!
5,876 Posts
Perfectly normal. This is just one more reason why stock intakes suck compared to aftermarket intakes.

My V2 gives me Turbo powaz :laughing:
Okay, not really but VTEC sounds way better now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts