Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
12sechatch
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i just got my head back from the shop today after getting it ported and a little work done. I picked it up and dropped off the K24 block which is getting started on tomorrow.... :D

·
12sechatch
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
haha oh were to start....

to get it fixed from where it blew up before 525
Port job 700
Install of parts 130
retainers 190
springs 320
valves 320
seals 45
retainer clips 38

Total $2263

and the sad thing is that i havent even bought the cams yet. Still debating on what to get

·
12sechatch
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
of course i want to get what ever will give me the most power without hurting the motor but im scared of getting something with too big of a lobe that will cause clearance issues. the block is the k24a4 out of a honda element and i am having to do alot of work to get it going including replacing the pistons. and the head had to be milled. so i dont know how much clearance there will be

·
12sechatch
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
anybody know anything about clearance on this build or should i be fine with any cam

·
12sechatch
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Beastly. I wish I knew enough about my engine to have stuff like this done to it
Research it. A year and a half ago when i bought this car i couldnt tell you the diff between a wrench and a rachet(sp). My dad taught me that you learn by doing sooo.....

the first project i took on was a tranny swap. then i pulled the motor and put a k24 in it when the k20 blew. Now im taking apart the K20 to build it up with the k24 bottom end. In the begining i knew nothing. After getting in and doing and reading i can now do it and am damn proud of myself for doing so. Although i have made stupid mistakes that cost me a little money in the end i learn whats right and whats not.

On that note anyone who has the time and money to do stuff but are just scared to do it. JUST DO IT!!!

·
12sechatch
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Heres the car with me in it. hahahahaha

1 - 20 of 36 Posts