Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

A-Pillar Tri-pod Semi-installed.

3K views 37 replies 12 participants last post by  jjm004 
#1 ·
well, it needs to be a different color, it's more blueish than the gray that the interior is, but i'm gonna have him paint both of them (tri pod, and right stock pillar )

it was in car all afternoon ( it's 0 degrees F here...)

so i heated it up, still when i put it in , slightly cracked the bottom one :( enough that i'll notice, i just heated it up and it was more flexible at 100 degrees than 50. holes just need to be a little bigger ( again painted it added a little bit )

but overall, 1-10, i give it an 8.... i did see a few problems, and i'll address them to high rev.....nothing bad, just ways to make a better product.

well, on to what you guys want to see.... pictures!

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
lol....... i got pm's everything else, and its not even in my car as of now :laughing:

right now i have volt and oil press. they're not installed, i'm not sure on what exactly i need to put the oil pres. in, but MTO RSX is helpin me out...79.95 from high rev thug off of here, good guy.... using autometer ultra lite with lighting tech 194 bulbs..... go here

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=53173&highlight=light

and you'll see what i mean.

and i you have a question, and pmed me....hehe, just post it here, i'm active enough i'll answer it, thx :thumbsup:

#9 ·
nice job Warm! looking smooth, i cant decide between the A-Pillar or the Center Tripod. I'm gonna most likely get a Nitrous kit and want to be able to monitor nitrous pressure, fuel press, and EGT. My debate is I dont want everyone to be reving at me all the time if they see my gauges in my a-pillar, but I want to be able to see them very easily. Whereas if i have the center pod gauges it will be harder to see while im driving, but everyone won't see my gauges :dontknow: too many choices heheh any suggestions? :D

#15 ·
brain, since our last meet you really started to mod :thumbsup: :spin: man where are u getting green ones form, lol, i really need them, do u want to share :laughing:, cant wait to see everything in person :nervous: :thumbsup: :) :spin: :p

#18 ·
hmm... i didnt know we had a Dec meet, i'll have to check local forum :dontknow: :wavey:

#20 · (Edited)
ANY PMS I GET ON THIS, I'LL ANSWER, AND THEN POST THEM.. :thumbsup:

TomRSX-S wrote on 12-05-2002 05:58 PM:
hey I really like the choice of gauges you chose they really match the cars gauges and the red looks good at night :D

I was wondering how much did the tri pod cost you?? I see you got it from high rev, but i am not familier with them...do they have a website.. I live in Toronto...Is there a way i can get them here?? How do you remove the original one is just clips?? does it snap off?? What 3 type of gauges did you get.... and where do you wire them too???

I have a shift light and i hooked the wire to the test wire it was a blue wire easy to get too...it works fine.. is it the same case for example if i wanted to get a oil pressure gauge...do i have to hook it up to a certain wire if yes how would i know which one.. i have no clue

you mentioned that the colour is not the same.... i could see the difference from your pix... thats crazy taht they would realease something that is so off the original colour.... can you write me back... thx

TOMr
high rev works, owns or something at a place called south coast auto design ( i believe thats the name of it ) and they make them, or he makes them, i'm not sure. i opted for him NOT to paint it, and in turn he took care of shipping for me ( $10 or so )... that was a first round of painting, just to see how it'd take it, it's done now and the right color that i'll use. He shipped USPS, and it took 3 days to get here, it was insured.

it just pops off like the stock pillar, but the pod IS fiberglass, and not very flexible, the stock one is plastic, and you could chop a tree down and not hurt it.. this one you must be VERY careful with, especially when you put the guages in, as if you just force them in there, it WILL crack, it is fiberglass.

Oil pressure - i'm not 100% sure, i got an electrical one ( don't want an oil line in the cabin ) and as i understand, i just need a T and it hooks in, but high rev said he was gonna do some pictures when he finally hooks up his guages. i also got a volt, and will have a nitrous.

and as far as the color, i already mentioned that, when he sent it, it was black, unpainted, i requested it that way..

i'm going to paste this into my thread, if you have any other questions, just post them there, as i check the boards a lot, and being a moderator, i get a full pm box rather often..

BUT, yes, i'm glad to answer any questions..

-pepsi :thumbsup:

#26 ·
because i was matching what was stock.... or close enough..... a pure black didn't seem like it went..... i'll see, if i think i want it black, i'll have him paint it black....heh :wavey:

( i've yet to see if the gray of the pillar looks like ass with the gray of the guage. )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.