Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question a two brands of waxes. On my black car, I've only been using Meguiars Gold Class paste wax. I am happy with the results I get. When I was at Wal-mart the other day, I saw that they had Zymoil (i think thats how you spell it) and I have heard great things about this wax. Can it compete with my Meguiars wax? If I do go with that wax, should I wash my car with Dawn soap then wax, or just use my usual Meguiars Gold Class carwash soap then use it? Thanks for any info you give me.

·
Premium Member
20,800 Posts
Zymol makes a wide variety of waxes.

The main one you probably see is called "Detail Wax" competes with Meguiar's paste. They also make a number of estate glazes that can run from $100 - over $1000/jar.

It all depends on your needs. They compete with each other, but it might not be worth your time to switch if you like the results you are getting with Meguiar's.

·
i ❤ macro.
15,894 Posts
Meguiar's Gold Class is great, I've used it many times...I tried out Zymol a few months ago, and I was amazed. Is it worth it to switch? I think it's worth it to try it out...the bottle I got was around $12, it won't break your wallet. I'd get the one Frosty suggested.

I've used both, and I was happy with Gold Class, but I was super amazed by Zymol. Easy to put on, easy to buff out. It's your call.

Good luck :wavey:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.