Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
1998 Acura EL 1.6
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So on my birthday, Jan 3rd...my girlfriend's car got rear ended, and sadly the car was written off. The RSX had a flawless body, not a single dent or scratch in the paint, all maintenance was up to date and didn't have any wear or tear in the interior at all. Needless to say, the car was written off because the woman who "broke her neck" in the accident missed the re-bar and smoked the frame, the damage doesn't look too bad but behind the bumper the frame has a hole in it, and the insurance company quoted us $7000 to have it repaired (removing glass, frame pull, alignment, blending door, blending trunk, new bumper, new tails, new Quarter Panel, etc). We only received $7500 for the car, so now my gf is back on the market looking for another car. Any suggestions (with links) would be great. Here are some before and after pics.

Taken by me this summer:

AFTER:

·
Sexy hand crew
2,678 Posts
sorry to hear man..if you want, give me your number and we can talk about it

im about to head out with christx to lunch, you can come if you want

·
Super Moderator
23,895 Posts
wow that's $7k in damage ? Crazy

Sorry to hear man. That's why I store my baby in winter and buy a beater

·
Curious Gooner
3,715 Posts
Is that your girl in the red jacket about to kill the Beetle driver??? I hope so :pray: lol

Nah but glad, everyone is ok. Didn't look like much damage from the photo but what do i know. :dontknow:

·
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
5,293 Posts
My testicles shriveled at the news. GL finding a replacement!

·
1998 Acura EL 1.6
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sucks, get another RSX, what color is that?
Couldn't find any clean RSX's, she just purchased an '09 Civic coupe. Colour I believe was NH-675M Magnesium Metallic.

Is that your girl in the red jacket about to kill the Beetle driver??? I hope so :pray: lol

Nah but glad, everyone is ok. Didn't look like much damage from the photo but what do i know. :dontknow:
Haha, ya it was! The lady who rear ended us was crying about her "broken" neck. Yeah I thought so too, I wouldn't have thought that would be a write off :(

shouldve fought with the insurance for more money :(

sorry to hear
We really tried, they were being dicks and made my gf cry 3 times on the phone. The guy dealing with her was a huge dick and completely not understanding of anything. She even emailing him receipts of a recent brake job, tie rods and the two alignments she had done this past year, as well as the brand new blizzak's she bought and his response was "I don't care, those are all things you need, you need tires, you need tie rods, you need an alignment. We won't be compensating you for anything but the $7500 offer. It is not negotiable."

Good news is she bought a new car, a very clean title 2009 Red Civic Coupe EX with 40,000kms on it, a full stereo system and buddy club coil overs. She's very happy once again, but at the same time resentful for losing such a clean DC5.

·
Registered
21 Posts
wow. 7k for that damage? Thats alot of money. It wont cost that much to fix that. I fixed my car for 3k and it was hit alot harder than that. But still. That sucks. I would hate for my rsx to get hit. Best of luck to you guys with whatever yall do with it.

·
I <3 DIYs
139 Posts
Good news is she bought a new car, a very clean title 2009 Red Civic Coupe EX with 40,000kms on it, a full stereo system and buddy club coil overs. She's very happy once again, but at the same time resentful for losing such a clean DC5.
Sorry to hear about the poor RSX :[ . Plans for the new Civic? Any photos? :D

Take care!

·
MY OTHER RIDE IS A VETTE
8,922 Posts
sorry to see that happen. But as much as it sucks at least everyone is ok. Believe me that's the main thing.

·
MY OTHER RIDE IS A VETTE
8,922 Posts
Couldn't find any clean RSX's, she just purchased an '09 Civic coupe. Colour I believe was NH-675M Magnesium Metallic.

Haha, ya it was! The lady who rear ended us was crying about her "broken" neck. Yeah I thought so too, I wouldn't have thought that would be a write off :(

We really tried, they were being dicks and made my gf cry 3 times on the phone. The guy dealing with her was a huge dick and completely not understanding of anything. She even emailing him receipts of a recent brake job, tie rods and the two alignments she had done this past year, as well as the brand new blizzak's she bought and his response was "I don't care, those are all things you need, you need tires, you need tie rods, you need an alignment. We won't be compensating you for anything but the $7500 offer. It is not negotiable."

I HATE INSURANCE COMPANIES. ALL OF THEM. You did all you could. They are in the business of saying no. Honestly I don't know how anyone who has the title insurance adjuster as their job description sleeps at night.

·
Hello World
6,337 Posts
How is that 7k in damage? I'd be interested in seeing the price breakdown on that.

Also, more pics of g/f.

Sincerely,

christx

1 - 20 of 30 Posts