Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
LOL wut
8,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a co-worker that has been riding for about10 years(mix of dirt and street supposedly)....and he always tells me im doing something wrong or he always feels that i should be leading in front cause he has more experience than me.... but the thing is, his first street bike was a Yamaha YSR-50 when he was a kid but never raced at the track or anything, in fact didnt even wear a helmet when he rode it...then he bought 03 r1 and he put about 3-5k miles on it before it got stolen...then he moved from hawaii to california and bought a 2005 R1 brand new...he has about 4k miles on it now...

so a total of maybe 8-9k miles of "street" experience over a 10 year span...Street as in commuting to work back and forth and the casual cruise around downtown to holla holla at chicks...he has about 100 miles of canyon riding, and thats because he INSISTED on riding with me to teach me:shakehead

Then i enter the scene of riding recently... he is one of the guys that dissed my ninja 500 and the fact that i wear a shit load of gear when i ride:dontknow: "why you weaing a one peice when you're just riding a ninja 500" umm..maybe cuz i dont wanna die?

Iv honestly had a total of 6-7k miles of riding in a period of 5 months on my gsxr...and thats not including my ninja 500...and 5-6k of the gsxr miles is all canyons. That is why the last time we were in the canyons i left his ass and was waiting at the bottom of the moutain for 5-6 minutes before he showed up...and he blamed my other friend for going so slow...BLAMED HIM...when my other friend specifically asked him to ride in front because he doesnt handle presure from behind very well...im like that, i dont try to keep up to anyone faster, but i dont want anyone on my ass pressuring me.

the question is...is it right for him to be treating me like a EXTREME ...I MEAN EXTREEEEME!!! newb like i just started yesterday on a 2000cc bike? he talks down about my gear...the first time he dropped his r1 was because coming out of our work entrance he gave it too much gas and spun the tire and fell...lol and blamed it on a mechanic for putting oil on his tire...lol but he never ever brought his bike to a mechanic(maybe a tire change).... this is the type of guy...that if there was no helmet law here in cali, then he wouldnt be wearing one...

sorry if so long...serious answers only or i will shit on your bike if i ever see you

·
Perpetrator
53,298 Posts
maybe he's just a type of person who loves putting people down, because he probably got rained on by others when he first started riding. to make up for it, he feels he has the need to pick on you.

he rode only 9000 miles in 10 years? wtfbbq

·
LeftyLoosey-RightyTighty
5,591 Posts
Not because hes been riding for 10 years hes a good rider. How hard is it to go straight on a bike? Also, so what if he has been riding for that long.

Everybody has their own pace. You didnt buy a bike to enter a dick swinging competition right?

125, 250, 500 600 1000 cc will all kill you if you do not respect the bike.

Mechanic putting oil on his tire? WTF! Maybe some armor all to make is shiny?

Anyways, dont ever let other people get you down about riding.

·
Acura 3.2TL
3,836 Posts
When you become a more mature rider. You'll learn to do your own thing and not care what these others jokers do. I always tell me freinds, the riders who obey the speed limit and such are the exp riders. The noobs are the ones who show off.

·
LOL wut
8,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i feel no need to be fast on a bike...unless i head to the track...yesterday was bike night and i saw 3 bikes fly by me going at LEAST 135mph...those are the guys that make insurance rates go up

·
Halolcat Crew
10,906 Posts
I like dick swinging competitions. And not when we're talking about macho-ism

err...

Your friend sucks. If he was truly a motorcyclist, he wouldn't clown on you for any reason whatsoever.

Honestly, I'd stay away from him when riding. He sounds like the type to constantly push and push, and he may take you down too. Don't put yourself in that position.

Maybe ask him why he has to always clown on you? Just be straight up.

·
LOL wut
8,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im scared of riding with him...hes the type that goes slow in the corners and when he hits a straight he flys by...
oh and this guy was actually convincing me not to get pilot powers because it was too sticky for me...

·
9,233 Posts
fuck that guy man

in one month, i put down just about 2000miles....10 years and 9k miles? thats nothing.

hes just a cocky little bitch, and one day hes gonna get it bad, and then we will see who is laughin at who.

just be yourself, and do what u want. I actually like wearing gear because i feel more secure and im pretty much used to it, even if it is just a few blocks away...yo u never know

·
LOL wut
8,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah i feel naked without gear...HA i told him he couldnt go with us unless he wore gear

1 - 9 of 9 Posts