Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone knew where to get the schematics, dimensions, or blueprints for the a spec lip kit. I want to make my own fiberglass mould because the ones available are expensive. I just want to know if I can buy a mould and make fiberglass clones and most likely sell them... for a cheaper reasonable price.

·
Waifu Deluxe
787 Posts
Couple things... one you're going to likely get nailed for trademark/copyright infringement. Two those will be pretty closely held by the companies making them. The ones that make knock offs will have had to do their own scanning and/or measuring and tracing of the parts. The easiest way to do it will be to find someone with access to a laser scanner. If it's a smaller scanner you might be able to scan it in sections and then stitch them, or you might be able to scan half of it and then just mirror the other half.

·
WILDCARD!
1,580 Posts
Couple things... one you're going to likely get nailed for trademark/copyright infringement. Two those will be pretty closely held by the companies making them.
I kinda doubt that Honda is going to come after a dude selling a few knockoffs of an accessory lip that they haven't produced in years, but you never know...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’ll see what I can do.. I would sell to those in my state. A spec lips are expensive but I would sell them less than $300 which is what most lips cost. I wondered that because I couldn’t find prints anywhere yet I saw so many companies selling them like DC5ASSOCIATION.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Heck buy the real kit and make a mold out of them. Make a bunch and sell for profit. Just an idea. This kind of stuff will definitely be needed if we want these parts to survive without the crap fitment of eBay parts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Heck buy the real kit and make a mold out of them. Make a bunch and sell for profit. Just an idea. This kind of stuff will definitely be needed if we want these parts to survive without the crap fitment of eBay parts.
I was thinking of that but everyone says different things. Someone said you can’t make a mold out of fiberglass and others say it only works with plastic. It’s not really about profit tho I don’t think people should pay $500 for lip kits when they can be made for like $50. The most id sell them for is $100 because of the material costs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts