Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

A-spec package on base

2K views 42 replies 20 participants last post by  Spent198 
#1 ·
I was just wondering if the A-spec package could be installed on a base? i have looked but i guess noones thought about it before

#9 ·
One day while driving on the freeway, I passed Sterling McCall Acura. While I was glancing over, I saw that they had at least four or five RSX'es out on display in front of the front doors. From my perspective it seemed like the A-Spec package was installed on all of them and I could've sworn I saw an EBP out there too... It may have been a NBP Type S but it sure looked EBP to me... :dontknow:

#14 ·
I think the A-Spec package would fit on the Base or premium since if you ever look to get suspension upgrades they always say 2002 and uo RSX and if you go to get say an exhaust it'll say 2002 and up RSX type S or Base. The A-spec pacgae would be nice to get but in my position I have an OEM kit on its way not and have the spoiler already. I'd be better off doing the suspension my way, or getting the package and reselling parts off of it.

#16 ·
03RSX-S said:
no u can't have a A-Spec package on a base
Yes, you can. I have the A-Spec rims and tires installed on my base (click the sig). The suspension will also easily fit, as will the Type-R wing, and body kit. Any dealership will probably sell you the whole package, or Sunnyside Acura in New Hampshire will sell the wheels, spoiler, and suspension separately.

#17 ·
shrink said:
Yes, you can. I have the A-Spec rims and tires installed on my base (click the sig). The suspension will also easily fit, as will the Type-R wing, and body kit. Any dealership will probably sell you the whole package, or Sunnyside Acura in New Hampshire will sell the wheels, spoiler, and suspension separately.
Of course you could put A-Spec parts on a base. Where most are getting at is, will the dealer put an A-Spec label on a base? No.

#18 ·
i know A-SPEC is expensive as hell
just get the Type S w/o A SPEC and save that 5000$ to pay for the insurace

#19 · (Edited)
#20 ·
Its all depends ont he dealer.

DarkSoldier55 - The mods of the A-Spec are:

-OEM Body Kit (installing it by itself of getting another body kit altogther will not void your warranty.

-Type R wing (you can buy it seperately and replicas of it are very cheap, and it won't void your waranty)

-Titanium Interior Dash Kit (you can buy others - I have a Red CF 36 piece kit instead of the like 12 piece Acura kit and it won't void your warranty, also, you can get it elsewhere for cheaper)

-Enkei Rims and I think Yokohama tires (you can get nicer rims out there and for cheaper, and they won't void the warranty)

All of the above mods can be installed by yourself, have different, cheaper types elsewhere, and they don't void the warranty.

The springs are the only thing that Acura dealers might get picky about, however, Comptech parts (and sometimes Mugen) are supported by a lot of Acura dealers and they'll install and warranty it. This way you can get a lower car. E.g. one Acura dealer here supports Progress, Comptech, Mugen, Spoon and a few others. Another supports Mugen and Comptech.

Everything the A-Spec offers can be bought seperately and will be much cheaper than just getting the dealer to install the A-Spec.

#21 ·
not all dealers wll part out Aspec package, and very few will put that stuff on a base.

But why? My guess is you drive a auto base and just want people to think u have an Aspec Type S....there is a word for that. Why throw out 5 grand on some wheels, bodykit, spoiler...when u can get better options for much less.

P.S. ASPEC is a waste of money on a Type S.
P.P.S. Aspec is RICE on a base.

#22 ·
How is the A-Spec kit rice on a base? Rice is trying to look like something your car isn't, putting a Type-S emblem on a base to make others think you're fast is rice...overdone exterior mods like Altezzas and neons are rice...but how in the world in putting an appearence kit like A-Spec, and it does look clean even if it is an overpriced package, rice?

Is putting an action package on a slowass auto Celica GT rice also?

#23 · (Edited)
03RSX-S said:
not all dealers wll part out Aspec package, and very few will put that stuff on a base.

But why? My guess is you drive a auto base and just want people to think u have an Aspec Type S....there is a word for that. Why throw out 5 grand on some wheels, bodykit, spoiler...when u can get better options for much less.

P.S. ASPEC is a waste of money on a Type S.
P.P.S. Aspec is RICE on a base.

first of all, its NOT rice.....I just want the car to look good. therefore, all i want is the oem lip kit, the aspec suspension, and the aspec spoiler from the dealer. it might be a waste for some, escpecially the overpriced 17 in wheels and yoko tires, but i see it as adding to the value of the car, whereas other aftermarket products will not only void your warrenty, but u also will have a very big problem tryin to get the money u put into the car, when u decide to sell it

#24 ·
You can just buy the OEM kit from the dealer, the spoiler from the dealer (I know Acura Canada sells both the Type R (Aspec) and OEM wing) or a replica from another shop and the springs, idunno, but some Acura dealers will allow aftermarkets.

And the thing is, its not adding value to the car when you compare the fac that you are shelling out a major chunk of dough. 5000 plus install is much more than what you'll be getting by adding the A-Spec package. And I repeat, rims, tires and bodykits/spoilers don't void warranties, only springs usually void the warranty on your suspension. And if you buy an OEM kit seperately, compared to an OEM in an A-Spec you'll get the same value. And when selling modified cars, you can just bring the car back to stock and sell the parts seperately. For the price of the A-Spec i'd get a TSX or WRX or something since you can't get the Type S

#25 ·
A-Spec package is only for the type S, thats why when u say it adds value is ludocrious...if u had a type S and added the package then its fine...but the way u r going to do is just aftermarket ....u r just paying way way way way more for OEM package. And the fact that its only for the S makes u a ricer cuz u trying to look like the Aspec S.

Aspec is a waste of money cuz u r paying 28K for a Type S...as much of a good car it is its not worth 28K ...for 28K give me an EVO that'll blow the Aspec type S out of the water, will haev lower insurance, bigger brakes, more power, and AWD.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.