Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 213 Posts

·
Old Man
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4 days ago my passenger side front strut blew out (throwing oil all over my wheel and fender liner) driving down our wonderful Michigan roads. On mustclime's recommendation I ordered the Acura RSX A-Spec suspension kit from Curry Acura for my EP3. In addition to the kit itself, you need to order RSX tie rod ends (PN: 53541-S7A-003), Hex Nuts (90301-S5A-003), and I also ordered new Split Pins (94201-30220). All said and done this cost $729.10 shipped to my front door. Thanks to the guys at ClubRSX I found the install instructions in PDF form (http://forums.clubrsx.com/showpost.php?p=13732022&postcount=1) and will be using this to help me install the suspension. I am taking a road trip to PA tomorrow through the 14th with a blown strut but I hope to install the new suspension as soon as I return home.

Jon

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
after you get it alined, let us know what you think.

what tires you running?

·
Old Man
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
after you get it alined, let us know what you think.

what tires you running?
POS Falken Ziex ZE912s, they are horrendous in snow and water (which we get plenty of both in MI) and have soft sidewalls. After this suspension settles and I get an alignment I am going to start looking at wheel and tire combos so I can run dedicated winter and summer setups. I am going to run 185/65R15 (within 1.1% of stock) Continental ExtremeWinterContacts in the winter on my stock rims, just haven't picked a rim size and tire for summer yet. Have any recommendations? I have run Michelin PS2s in the past on my '05 STi and loved them but they are not in my price range anymore (I went back to school to get a lower paying job that I enjoyed:ugh:).

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
snow tires are snow tires, allseason tires are nothing but junk....I ran 215/45-17 dunlop snows this year and my car was unstopable even with our 20 inch snow storm. My advice to anyone that lives in the snow belt is the 2 set of wheels set up, snows on one set and some superstickie summer tires.

·
Still Double Clutch Demon
569 Posts
snow tires are snow tires, allseason tires are nothing but junk....
true unless you have two sets of hot 17" rims, one on track rubber and the other on cost efficient all season and then one for 16" blizzaks!! haha perfect set up...pain in the ass... but perfectly covered 365!!;)

·
Registered
722 Posts
So the A Spec front struts bolt right up? All you need is RSX tie rod ends?
And for the rears, you need to shave the bottom of the strut to fit in the rear trailing arm right?

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
you need the larger nuts for the larger tierodends.

·
Old Man
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I forgot one part that I know of so far, the 12mm nut at that goes on the larger tie rod end, not the lock nut. 94030-12280 is the part number.

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
I forgot one part that I know of so far, the 12mm nut at that goes on the larger tie rod end, not the lock nut. 94030-12280 is the part number.
????? the stock ep3 nut on the tie rod balljoint is 15mm...the dc5 one is 19mm. Thats what you need, not the pinch nut on the tierod.

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
its #25....they are talking inside dia, I am talking socket size.

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
I gave them the part number, didn't tell them what car I was using them for.:rotfl: I don't trust people at the stealership any farther than I can throw them.
cool.....guessing its the same part on the fg2.

·
569 Posts
so basically my research has lead me to believe that the HFP suspension is comparable in spring rate to the one that came on the ep3 type r in japan. and getting there stock sways as well. is there any other real difference that im overlooking? axels, control arms and what not...

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
have you read my brace thread thats stickied at the top of this section?...also, the jdm ep3-r had a lsd....huge differance in handlings.

·
569 Posts
I saw the sway thread but I'll check the sticky now. I have the LSD but was wonderig in the first post, u say stock ep3 and dc5r. I was wondering if the ep3 have the same as the dc5r? Prob different front sways cuz of body difference. I'll check the sticky now.

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
I saw the sway thread but I'll check the sticky now. I have the LSD but was wonderig in the first post, u say stock ep3 and dc5r. I was wondering if the ep3 have the same as the dc5r? Prob different front sways cuz of body difference. I'll check the sticky now.
no, they have different ft sways because the dc5-r has the al lca's that have wider mounting points.

1 - 20 of 213 Posts