Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

201 - 213 of 213 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
The A Spec is for the RSX so to install it on the EP3 it needs grinding down to size on the rear bushings to fit the rear arms
...but if you would like to press out the old bushings and press in ones that fit the ep3 properly, you will need 2 of these.. Part number is 52622-S5A-004
NOTE: This is OPTIONAL. If you have the available resources then I say go for it. It will add about $20 to the parts list, and i'd imagine you would have to find a shop locally that would be able to do it, but for those that are 'scared' to grind down the rears, here is your alternative.
That's what I mean, you can replace the bushings.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Well I decided to order the A SPEC because it is more cost effective than replacing my shocks with the bilsteins to match the old HFP springs and that approach would have required me to also order new oem top hats and bearings as well...

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
start lubeing the lower rear shock bolts now:run:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yes PB Blaster coming but these are not original units so they should be easier to take off. BTW Del ray acura was $44 cheaper with all parts shipped compared to Curry acura....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys, I am new but I've been lurking around for a while. Just wondering if Musty could chime in on his thoughts on the Mugen SS vs. the Aspec kit? The car is a DD, but with LOTS of trips to the windy highways and mountain roads of BC. I also have plans to do a K24 swap in the near future

·
ride height Nazi
7,601 Posts
the m kit is 2 low and the spring are to soft imo

·
Registered
97 Posts
A-Spec it is! Now I just need to get one to Canada without paying an arm and a leg, thanks for your opinion Musty
Use a shipping company like TSB at Point Roberts to save on shipping.

You'll still have to declare it at the custom and pay the tax.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Just got done installing the kit in my EP3. The rears were a bit more difficult to line up but I used a bottle jack to push them up into the brackets. I didn't even take the rear tires off as I placed the rear on ramps to keep the weight on as I torqued them down. I had a busted ball joint on one side that delayed me for a while as it was stuck frozen and I had to take the control arms off along with the knuckle out then hammer it out. The other front side I did in 45 minutes. The toe is way off on one side, I am installing two new tires in the front then off to alignment shop. I did not get an alignment sheet with the parts but I will use the HFP numbers anyway. Anyone interested in four HFP springs cheap?

·
Registered
113 Posts
If you already had HFP suspension then how come you didn't just upgrade the shocks to bilstein or koni?
Dollars and commons sense...I cannot justify spending several hundred dollars more and additional labor on something not needed for a daily driver that is over 11 years old...easy decision.

201 - 213 of 213 Posts