Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

161 - 180 of 213 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
ASPEC is just the shocks/struts. I got the regular RSX tierod ends, but I think all DC-5 are the same. Somewhere there's a part number here for the larger nut to fit it - look back a few pages.

·
Registered
166 Posts
BTW make sure you get good camber arms for the rear. Don't get any cheap shit on eBay! I got the Ingralls ones with poly bushings to match up with all the rest of the poly. (If you're doing this, you should also be replacing all the bushings as well.)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Mine was really an easy project, but the main thing was grinding down those spacers. Some folks have been known to press them out and then press in the thinner spacers. We just used a micrometer and went to town. 0.1" off each side of each strut. (to match the one that came off the vehicle.)

·
Poetic Finesse
1,457 Posts
Energy suspension:thumbsup: and camber arms...any brands that you can think that I should check into? Thanks man! Can't wait to get started on this! :noes:
Ingalls, SPC, hardrace and buddy club are the only ones that I would consider. Don't be cheap on your camber kit, broken camber arms are no fun :thumbsdow

·
Poetic Finesse
1,457 Posts
Mine was really an easy project, but the main thing was grinding down those spacers. Some folks have been known to press them out and then press in the thinner spacers. We just used a micrometer and went to town. 0.1" off each side of each strut. (to match the one that came off the vehicle.)
I used a hacksaw and a bastard file lol I took my sweet ass time doing it. I had an extra strut laying around so I just constantly measured as I did it, took me about a week since I only did a little at a time.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I used a hacksaw and a bastard file lol I took my sweet ass time doing it. I had an extra strut laying around so I just constantly measured as I did it, took me about a week since I only did a little at a time.
My technique was to hold it in the vice, grind for about 20 seconds, pour some water on it and repeat. Took about 15 minutes per side and I took like 5 minute break between each strut, so 1.5 hours total for the damned grinding. The local machinist isn't available on weekends, otherwise I would have had the correct spacers pressed in. : /

·
Registered
257 Posts
soo....after working myself to death :self: and a whole year of saving up...i FINALLY got my order in at curry acura. my stock struts have finally busted and im due for an upgrade. i will chime in and give my .02 once i get this installed. :troll:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Mine are still awesome. Replaced all my bushings and got my alignment perfected while I was at it. It's been almost a year and I love it. Vehicle is 10x more maneuverable than my friends' 'slammed' rides, not to mention it just feels better.

·
Registered
257 Posts
:thumbsup: super excited about this! :run:

between musty's stickies, poeticfinesse21, DA9_GSR, zyzzx, YOU, boukisan... just to name a few...

i now know i am heading in the right direction, thanks for all the good info!!

and well after following all the good advice...now debating on the size of tire i want. i may be getting ahead of myself here...but i just cant help it!

are you on aftermarket wheels or stockies?

·
Registered
257 Posts
nhbp FTW! :shady: i like those wheels. it really goes well with the ep...how does the wheel handle the bumps on the road? loud and sensitive? im sure the Aspec susp does its job absorbing some of the bump noise...

·
Registered
257 Posts
just did a test drive on my ep with the Aspec and...i must say, it is impressive! the difference is obvious when compared to stock! phkn amazin! well worth the $, cuts, and bruises of installing! i definitely recommend but only if you want function / form...:thumbsup:

161 - 180 of 213 Posts