Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is an insightful link into high-intensity discharge (HID) lighting kits. Enjoy.

Mods if you would please sticky for your members. Thanks.

HID Tutorial
http://www.intellexual.net/hid.html

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
i especially liked the part about how the extremely blue (8000K) setups are worse on your eyes. i'm building a set of custom headlights for my 944turbo (hehe i miss the hid's i had in my rsx from xenon depot, so i am buying a set of hella 90mm HID projector low beam with ece/dot cutoffs, as well as a set of 90mm non-shielded off-road-only high HID beam projectors, and placing them in a custom housing). i looked long and hard at which color temp to choose, and decided that a typical "oem" color like 4xxxK would be best, as i really don't care about how they look, but more, about how bright they are.

I hate to say anything bad about xenondepot, esp. after the awesome hookup they gave us @ clubrsx (at least, back when i bought my kit) but i would stray away from their 5000K kit - my friend who bought my type-s had to switch bulbs to pass NJ inspections, and while i miss how the blue-ish 5000K ones used to look, it's undeniablyl brighter now with 4100K bulbs...

·
Registered
100 Posts
have u guys tried this: http://hidforum.com/index.php
They have many articles on retrofitting and stuff. There is also a community of ppl that are willing to answer any of your questions, if they haven't been answered already :thumbsup:

·
It tastes like BURNING!!!
1,359 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Fixed thanks Motab. I didn't see that.

·
It tastes like BURNING!!!
1,359 Posts
Yeah, it may have changed my mind about which temperature I (eventually) get... Excellent little article though. Good pix.. It's got some good links in it too.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No 6000K and above will give you blue/ purplish color. Trust me. I have 6000K Philips bulbs and they are as purple as /produce just as much light as the OEM HIDs found on cars that it comes as OEM. Only thing is BMWs look just a little purpler, just a little.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts