Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does the hondata reflash help for more low end tourque or is it just horsepower cause i know the power fc for the celica gives it like 20 more lbft of touque? ive already tryeed searching and cant find anything! thanx

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
00redgts00 said:
does the hondata reflash help for more low end tourque or is it just horsepower cause i know the power fc for the celica gives it like 20 more lbft of touque? ive already tryeed searching and cant find anything! thanx
How would you know what the power fc does for the celica? It's not even out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if u go to newcelica.org under performace they have the dyno graphs for when they were tuning it on a 00 gts 6spd w/ injen cold air

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Ill check it out. If this isn't an independent dyno though, I wont believe it.

Edit.......They are claiming 8whp and 13wtq. Not bad, but defiantly not 20wtq!

How much is this gonna cost again? 1500?

He also said his first dyno sheets were with an "overly aggressive tune".......Meaning, thats not what your getting.

One more question.......This is a "reflash", or a completely new ecu?

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Heres another quote for you from someone who has it.

"as for power the car has more pull from the 1,000 to 3,000 rpms, but then drops off to around normal levels. I really didn't feel any improvement above 3000 rpms."

for 1500 bucks!

·
Back in Black
10,777 Posts
Remember APEXiTypes, the Celica is marketed and intended for discriminating women who wish to carry a stylish flair over to their personal automobile and not just their handbag. 1500 to enhance it is surly chump change for a customer who spends 700 on a Gucci handbag.

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
benca1 said:
Remember APEXiTypes, the Celica is marketed and intended for discriminating women who wish to carry a stylish flair over to their personal automobile and not just their handbag. 1500 to enhance it is surly chump change for a customer who spends 700 on a Gucci handbag.
:laughing:

Seriously though, I post over on newcelica.org quite often, and all I hear is......."When the power fc comes out, you rsx's wont have anything over us!"

So far, from reading what I have, Im not too worried. Not only are the power gains not impressing me, but the price is ridiculous. Celica owners aren't willing to spend 700 on a header that gives them 10whp, but they'll spend 1500 on an ecu for 8whp down low?:confused:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the guy on there that posted about the pfc also has headers and exaust and the pfc wasnt tuned for that yet so it might be working against him. and its a complete stand alone ecu. all u have to do is hook up a laptop to it and u can change anything. its like 1200 dollars i belive which is way to much for me for just 8-10 hp

·
Back in Black
10,777 Posts
I talk smack, and then a GTS guys shows up. Of course. 00redgts00, my shit talk was intended soley for RSX fanboy ears!

I've always argued that Toyotas are overrated and overpriced - the gender thing is just for kicks.

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
00redgts00 said:
the guy on there that posted about the pfc also has headers and exaust and the pfc wasnt tuned for that yet so it might be working against him. and its a complete stand alone ecu. all u have to do is hook up a laptop to it and u can change anything. its like 1200 dollars i belive which is way to much for me for just 8-10 hp
I realize the ecu isn't tuned for his mods, but his mods are simple bolt ons. The only thing his mods would do is throw the air fuel off. I wouldn't hold my breath if your really expecting 20wtq.:nervous:

·
San Diego OG RSX
2,813 Posts
I agree with APEXiTypeS. 1500 for a damn change in ECU settings? WTF?

Celica owners will still be owned: by a Hondatified RSX-S

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
i dont understand....rsx is already 20 hp more...so even if the celica did get 20 hp or tq or watever....how can they expect to beat a hondata rsx?

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
freekboy said:
i dont understand....rsx is already 20 hp more...so even if the celica did get 20 hp or tq or watever....how can they expect to beat a hondata rsx?
The celica weighs 2500lbs and is geared pretty aggressively. It's a great car, but the aftermarket can not compete with the rsx.

The power fc is a big disappointment in my eyes.

·
Nobody knows but Jeebus..
14,888 Posts
APEXiTypes said:
Heres another quote for you from someone who has it.

"as for power the car has more pull from the 1,000 to 3,000 rpms, but then drops off to around normal levels. I really didn't feel any improvement above 3000 rpms."

for 1500 bucks!
C'mon, how many Hondata owners said they couldn't feel that much difference after the reflash? Then they got it dyno'ed and saw the real affects. Seriously, this reflash for the Celica might have smoothed the dyno curve out just like Hondata so its deceptive.

I think we should all wait until the flash comes out before we speculate who's going to kill who.

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Well, for starters this isn't a "flash"......This is a whole new ecu, that cost 1500 bucks.

As far as hondata owners saying they can't feel a difference.......That usually applies to the upper rpms, where VTEC engages. If you can't feel low end gain with Hondata, you don't know your car very well.

You'll notice I never said anything about the rsx killing the celica. I am fully aware of what the celica can do, I just think that this ecu is way over hyped.

Celica owners nation wide were estimating 20whp gains from this thing (most think, well if the rsx can do it, so can we:rolleyes: ), and from what I have read so far this ecu isn't all it's cracked up to be. Only time will tell.

·
Ex rsx vs all *********
5,330 Posts
APEXiTypes said:
:laughing:

Seriously though, I post over on newcelica.org quite often, and all I hear is......."When the power fc comes out, you rsx's wont have anything over us!"

So far, from reading what I have, Im not too worried. Not only are the power gains not impressing me, but the price is ridiculous. Celica owners aren't willing to spend 700 on a header that gives them 10whp, but they'll spend 1500 on an ecu for 8whp down low?:confused:
$1500 for the ecu and the power gains probably won't be more than 20 whp at best (probably less) and the current generation celica has been out for how long!?!? That car should of had a better aftermarket. :(

1 - 17 of 17 Posts