Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been running the JRSC for almost a month now and I cant seem to get all my problems resolved. Its one thing after another... First I had a faulty tensioner unit which killed my belt. JR being a great company sent me everything I needed free of charge. I ran great for several days when my IAC valve goes out and now I have an idle problem. The dealer basically told me to "f" off and they wont cover it. Now I have to contact Honda of America to see if they will help me. I am guessing they wont without some kind of fight. Now on the way to work my speedometer started to fluctuate. Why can't my car just work like its supposed to?!? I am to the point where I am ready to pull it all out and just stay NA. Trust me I dont want to but at this point I am starting not get frusterated..... Anyway I am done venting now, thnx for listening. :(

5,022 Posts
Hmm. Did you bring up the fact about the S/C being past the IAC so it would not affect it? Magnusson Act. Print it out and hand it to them. By law they have to submit to you in writing why they feel the JRSC caused the problem. Speedo is definite dealer item. Don't go back to stock now. Tough it out and everything will work. Contact [email protected] and see what he has to offer. He has been running the JR setup alot longer than most everyone else besides JR themselves. Doug could probably recommend something to you.

· Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

· Registered
875 Posts
HAHA, I saw this thread and was like someone else feels the same way. The paranoia is killing me. I can't seem to get on a frikken dyno so I"m still running my car untuned on Revhard Kpro calibration, my turbo makes a metal to metal sound at light throttle, and I am scared that the motor will pop. I am also about to go back to stock and give up on all this aftermarket shit; it never works easily and always gives some sort of problem.

· Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
tt061880 said:
don't give up man, whatever it is, get it figure out, don't let one problem stopping you from all the fun. The speed odo doesn't have anything to do with the sc. Good luck on fixing your car.
TT
Its just one thing after another. Now with the speedo.... I have no idea how to fix that and if I go back to the dealer they are going to try and screw me. I hate those places.

Sonny, thnx for the references. I printed them all out on legal paper and put them into a legal document folder. I am going to walk in there monday morning and hand them the folder and say "Either fix my car or give me a written report on why you wont."

Can you guys answer something for me. What are the two lines going into the intake? I know one is the crank case breather but what is the other one? Also the PCV is the blow by gases correct?

· no longer moderate
4,216 Posts
american honda client services :shooting: knows nothing about taking care of their customers!!

...mateo

take your last service servey to them and ask them what they would like you to do w/ it!!!! :D

· Registered
576 Posts
Alpha don't give up man. It will get resolved it is frustrating dude, but just think how much fun the JRSC is, and now we can see 300whp plus maybe a intercooler of some sorts soon.

· Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, the JR is tons of fun. But this speedo issue is killing me. At least I know how to fix the Idle problem but I have no idea where to start with the speedometer. I am putting the stock header back on tomorrow until I can get myself a carsound cat. I heard that running just the test pipe can lead to misfires.

5,022 Posts
Well, after my little disappointment yesterday on the dyno, I too am about ready to give up and say F-it. My problem has to be the K-Pro. I know the RH is not causing the problems. The car runs like a pimp chasing a ho! Only problem is the numbers are not where JR and Hondata both claim. Hmm.. Weird.

· Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What were your numbers sonny?

· It's My Time
1,286 Posts
Hey sounds like your not having fun. Sine they have not give you it in writing I would bet you are not flaged yet, and still could get warinty work. I would take parts off and erase all of the computeres memory and then take it to another acura dealer.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.