Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,575 Posts
50 views and no responses.... iono man try going to www.acuratl-s.com... i think thats what it is, if not then do a serach in google for TL forum and it will pop up... they should have info on the new TL... or try www.Honda-acura.net :thumbsup:

·
Terminator
4,861 Posts
pints99 said:
Besides the fact that it's auto, it wil also be slower because it lacks the LSD.
doesn't have an lsd?....my mom just got a white one, tan leather interior. ahven't driven it yet..it's not broken in.

·
Terminator
4,861 Posts
Performance
The new 2004 Acura TL promises to outperform its predecessor. Under its hood is an all-aluminum, 24-valve, 3.2-liter V6 engine. It gives the TL a whole new level of strength: 270 horsepower at 6200 rpm and 238 lb-ft of torque at 5000 rpm.

The standard transmission is a 5-speed automatic setup with a manual shift gate. However, there's also a 6-speed manual transmission model that basically replaces last year's Type-S trim. It receives firmer suspension, Brembo-brand front brakes and a limited-slip differential.

For exceptional control, the 2004 Acura TL is given Acura's Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) and Traction Control System. VSA adjusts brake pressure and engine power to help correct understeer and oversteer, while traction control works monitors wheel slip while accelerating or driving on slippery surfaces

I was right it does.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Plus it has the drive by wire technology like the NSX. Not really sure what that translates to in real world driving (quicker throttle response = faster off the line???), but I read it in the Acura Mag.

Rumor has it the Type S TL will have 300 hp, but that isn't from a real reliable source so just keep it between you and me....LOL.

·
Skepticism Extraodinaire
4,162 Posts
In my latest mag the TL 6sp ran a 14.4 and the A spec ran a 14.29, I guess because of better traction.

·
Registered
123 Posts
i take it the 6sp would be a hair quicker than the auto....my buddy wants one and said the 0-60 was 5.1. I knew that shit wasnt right.

·
San Diego OG RSX
2,813 Posts
eddie123 said:
In my latest mag the TL 6sp ran a 14.4 and the A spec ran a 14.29, I guess because of better traction.
Wow do you mean the RSX Type S A spec ran a 14.29? That is fucking amazing. I thought they still have the 200 hp motor? WTF?

·
Skepticism Extraodinaire
4,162 Posts
toxicvtec said:
Wow do you mean the RSX Type S A spec ran a 14.29? That is fucking amazing. I thought they still have the 200 hp motor? WTF?
Na, I was talking about the A spec TL.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts