Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
ALL BOOST!!!
10,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please dont think i'm stupid..has any bought one of these..i received mine two days ago put it on and now i cant get the shift boot to stay connected to the knob..has anyone else had this trouble?also they give you a lock washer to put on first and when you twist on the knob the RSX is upside down no matter how you try to fix it...anyone?

Attachments

·
Registered
648 Posts
I ordered one from the dealer and they're supposed to install it for me. I dunno if I want it installed though, I'm getting used to the stock one.

If you get it on, take some pics. I'd like to see how it looks.

·
ALL BOOST!!!
10,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
XcepTion said:
I ordered one from the dealer and they're supposed to install it for me. I dunno if I want it installed though, I'm getting used to the stock one.

If you get it on, take some pics. I'd like to see how it looks.
what color is your car...what color knob did you order?with the Blue knob it's self it looks awsome from the outside of the car..i just need to figure out how to get the boot to stay up...the factory knob has to clips sonnected to the know that snap into the inside of the boot thats how it stay's up....i also have the Blue powered by Acura Seatbelt Pads and those look great from the outside also.oh well i'll figure it out sometime this weekend....later..

·
Audio Forum Moderator
5,177 Posts
Sorry MTO, you will either have to rig somthing yourself, let it be, or get it changed. I had a silver one to go with the titanium trim but the guy brought me out to show me how it works. He said it was my call. I thought it looked like shit and told him so, he agreed, and now I am using the Billit shift knob. that one does not fit right either, it has bout 1/4" of the stick showing under the nob, then the boot is secure. I like it better that way. I can now grab just under the knob and not have to hold the boot. quite nice, and its cheaper. or was it visa versa... anyhow, I'm happier, and tomarrow I'll post a pic of it so you can see what I mean.

Torinalth

·
ALL BOOST!!!
10,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Torinalth said:
Sorry MTO, you will either have to rig somthing yourself, let it be, or get it changed. I'll post a pic of it so you can see what I mean.

Torinalth
well thanks...the funny thing about this is how Acura is the one who makes and sells this and they couldn't make it right???

·
Registered
16,978 Posts
i dunno what comes with the shiftknob (i thought you get an adaptor along with the actual shiftknob)....... but i bought a RAZO one and what i did was after installing the shiftknob....... using the original adaptor to the stock knob......... i put some double sided tape on the inside and wraped it around the actual stick....... then slide the thing up so that the "silver ring" is touching the knob and not showing the stick at all......... (the double sided tape is on the inside and does not show)......... i'll try to get a picture for you guys when i go home to get my digital cam this weekend........

·
www.arsoct.com
1,153 Posts
I got my *type R* shifter, and the boot doesnt stay locked either. Also, with the shifter spun to its max, the numbers are upside down. So, I pulled the lock nut up a thread, and used super glue around the nut and the top of the boot. Where the nut is turned makes the shifter be right side up as well........

·
Registered
16,978 Posts
here is a picture of how i installed my shiftknob........ this is a RAZO shift knob tho....... dunno if you could do the same with the acura ones......... basically i installed it like i explained above........ putting double sided tape in the shift stick (not regular double sided tape but mounting tape).........

·
ALL BOOST!!!
10,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nitram said:
here is a picture of how i installed my shiftknob........ this is a RAZO shift knob tho....... dunno if you could do the same with the acura ones......... basically i installed it like i explained above........ putting double sided tape in the shift stick (not regular double sided tape but mounting tape).........
thanks nitram i'll try it and see what happens...shift knob looks good by the way....later.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts