Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

341 - 360 of 374 Posts

·
04-Integra-Type-S
892 Posts
Motor and Dynotune update, problems on dyno tho....
Sick build man...I wish my build was like yours...I also went to get my k20/k24 dyno tuned today too...made 270hp on 91 pump gas on a hot day...we also had problem with the dyno too lol...I think my setup it kinda like yours but Ur is better lol....
My mod are prayoonto stage 4 cams, stock rbc port match to 70mm tb, stock k20a head, bc valve train, k1 rod, super tech 87.5mm 12:5:1 piston, grams 550cc injector, types oil pump, skunk2 alpha header, Plm 3" exhaust, and a short intake with filter on...

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #346
Sick build man...I wish my build was like yours...I also went to get my k20/k24 dyno tuned today too...made 270hp on 91 pump gas on a hot day...we also had problem with the dyno too lol...I think my setup it kinda like yours but Ur is better lol....
My mod are prayoonto stage 4 cams, stock rbc port match to 70mm tb, stock k20a head, bc valve train, k1 rod, super tech 87.5mm 12:5:1 piston, grams 550cc injector, types oil pump, skunk2 alpha header, Plm 3" exhaust, and a short intake with filter on...
Thanks for checking out my build man, I swear no ones on here anymore. Lol and I took my head apart yesterday and I didn't forget the rocker arm springs or anything so there was literally no reason for the car to be locking into Vtec. SMH idk what is going on with it.

·
04-Integra-Type-S
892 Posts
Thanks for checking out my build man, I swear no ones on here anymore. Lol and I took my head apart yesterday and I didn't forget the rocker arm springs or anything so there was literally no reason for the car to be locking into Vtec. SMH idk what is going on with it.
Yea no one here anymore...I just come in once in a while....everyone either busy or had move on....did u do a a spec valve adj on the cams?and wat oil u use?

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'm still on here, I was wondering if you were still on. Still having issues?

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #349
Yea no one here anymore...I just come in once in a while....everyone either busy or had move on....did u do a a spec valve adj on the cams?and wat oil u use?
yes I did the valve adjustment and for break in I just used 5w30 CarQuest Oil. my valve lash was .008 (intake) and .010 (exhaust) OEM specs.

I'm still on here, I was wondering if you were still on. Still having issues?
Yes not sure though whats going on this time. Vtec was locked in on the 2nd cylinder intake side only. All other cylinders even the exhaust side of cylinder #2 was able to disengauge from Vtec... Picking up a Leakdown test machine today to see if I can figure out what is going on with it.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Dc5Dp said:
Yes not sure though whats going on this time. Vtec was locked in on the 2nd cylinder intake side only. All other cylinders even the exhaust side of cylinder #2 was able to disengauge from Vtec... Picking up a Leakdown test machine today to see if I can figure out what is going on with it.
Did you ask that question on k20 or 2.0 rsx forum on FB? Someone asked a similar question.

How do you know Vtec was locked in cylinder 2? And how did you like tuning it with Drob?

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #352
T

Did you ask that question on k20 or 2.0 rsx forum on FB? Someone asked a similar question.

How do you know Vtec was locked in cylinder 2? And how did you like tuning it with Drob?
Yes I did ask on there. Drob is Awesome man. I wont ever go to another tuner idc if I lived in California. Basically when the rocker arms lock into Vtec all the rocker arms act as 1 and they dont move individually. When not in Vtec the smaller lobe rocker arms will move individually and the entire rocker arm assembly wont basically be locked straight across the rocker arm. So that is how you can tell when its locked in Vtec.. Also these guys that run a "Vtec Killer" setup their low end power is horrible, due to only running on the big cam thats why after the first 2 pulls in Vtec the motor lost a significant amount of power (TQ and HP) across the board.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #358
How much did you make?
The highest pull made 310/206 was highest HP pull. But I went with a map that was more leaning towards strong midrange instead of peak HP. So 308/203 we're the final numbers. I know the reasons why it didn't make more and costing me compression and I'm only running 25VTC the car is screaming for more cam angle but I need some balls before I go out and push it that far. Also found that I have a seized brake caliper possibly costing me like 3whp but I'm really not disappointed at all. I'm sure it's going to run like a skulled ape.

·
Registered
224 Posts
This is on pump gas right? That's some good numbers for sure. You going to the slowmotion track day on Saturday?

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #360
This is on pump gas right? That's some good numbers for sure. You going to the slowmotion track day on Saturday?
Yes I will be down there I thought that it was Sunday though not Saturday?

341 - 360 of 374 Posts