Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I absolutely CANNOT DECIDE what kind of car to buy when my car sells. There are definitely some nice options I just really can't make up my mind.

Here are my list of choices:

2004 Acura TL:

2004 BMW 330ci:

2004 350Z:

2004 G35:

2005 Audi A4 Quattro:

2005 Mercedes C230:

I am looking for a car to mod slightly, nothing too crazy, that's decent on gas and also fun to drive. I need something that I can drive through the winter in Delaware so nothing HORRIBLE in the snow, I've read the Benz is pretty bad.

I would most LIKELY get an automatic, possibly another 6-speed. But I'm honestly getting sick of shifting so it would be a 50/50 decision.

Opinions!!

Color choices: black or white ONLY.

·
Time to Play
845 Posts
Snow issues can be addressed with snow tires..... personally I would go with the Audi. I enjoy the ride characteristics and if you can not afford snow tires you can get some help with Quattro

·
Omnomin' outta control
21,810 Posts
You might want to see if you could find a used legacy GT with the 2.5turbo motor because of the AWD and auto factor. The 350z and G35 are the best cars out of your list, but both will do pretty poor in any type of snow since they both have a fairly torquey motor.

Edit: The acura TL is a nice looking car, but god damn are they boring to drive. I fucking hated the one I had after about a month! The Audi is more than likely going to have a considerable amount of issues, knowing audi's track record. The mercedes is another blah car.

Edit X2: Check into getting a CPO or very clean 325xi or 330xi bmw.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
I'm from Delaware too, what part you from?. I vote g35 out of those choices. Plain sexy. My friend was trying to sell me his not to long ago

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So far I'm leaning towards G35 and 350Z, and I added the '04 330ci to the list but maintenance seems costly. :(

·
Regulator
23,483 Posts
Lol, you're looking at 40-50K cars, maintenance isnt going to be cheap.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, any car that I get is going to be around 50K miles, just so you guys know. :)

·
Regulator
23,483 Posts
Lol.

·
Yeah, it's that big
10,632 Posts
They're all very different cars. I guess the first question is: what do you need the car to do?
- Do you need four doors (carry more than two-people often), or can you live with a coupe?
- Can you live with a 2-seater that doesn't have much cargo space?
- Any features you're looking for: heated seats, nav, sunroof, v6, etc?
- What are you modding for: racing, street "racing," looks, etc.?
- What's more important: comfortable ride (but not floaty), or sharp suspension/steering?

For the snow thing, I wouldn't worry too much. If a car has traction control and snow tires, you're good in Delaware. A good driver can make due without traction control, but they still need ground clearance.

·
Registered
882 Posts
The gas mileage is a little rough on these G35's. But maintenance is cheap and more that offsets the difference. If you have to grab an automatic, 350z or G35 has the least speed penalty for that choice.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They're all very different cars. I guess the first question is: what do you need the car to do?
- Do you need four doors (carry more than two-people often), or can you live with a coupe?
- Can you live with a 2-seater that doesn't have much cargo space?
- Any features you're looking for: heated seats, nav, sunroof, v6, etc?
- What are you modding for: racing, street "racing," looks, etc.?
- What's more important: comfortable ride (but not floaty), or sharp suspension/steering?

For the snow thing, I wouldn't worry too much. If a car has traction control and snow tires, you're good in Delaware. A good driver can make due without traction control, but they still need ground clearance.
1. I don't need four doors at all. I have a coupe now and honestly can count on a hand or two how many times I've used the backseats.
2. Heated seats and HID's would be nice, but I can live without both. Sunroof is a MUST, though.
3. Modding for suspension and basically looks, possibly some bolt-ons for acceleration but if it's automatic maybe not.
4. Comfortable ride is important, but I drive in a lowered Acura on 225/35 19" wheels and it's pretty stiff, but nothing too horrible. I drove my grandpa's 350Z in California and that was also stiff, but not unbearable.

I really just want another FUN car that turns heads, more or less. :)

·
Yeah, it's that big
10,632 Posts
Then my vote goes for the 330ci or G35. The G will likely be cheaper in the long run (better reliability and cheaper parts) and faster, but the 3-series has the looks (IMO), the handling, and more prestige.

There's also the new Accord Coupe to consider. That will undoubtably be cheaper to own in the long run.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Supercharged CL-6 is not reliable with 115K+ miles.

Anyway, the 3-series seems like a great buy just based on everything that I have read. They're not terrible with gas mileage either, so that's definitely a good thing. I just wonder how the maintenance of a 330ci is after 50K miles?

·
Registered
39 Posts
i vote 350Z, especially if you dont need back seats. then if you cant decide on auto or stick, get an auto with manual mode (like the base rsx autos)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts