Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
I have no strong feelings
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Everything is laid out below. Including the timeline.

Cliff notes – Bought black Recaro rears from ‘abu ghraib’ and he ghosted on me. Kept my money and then 0’d out his account so Paypal could not recover my money. He’s not been on since 11/12 which means one of two things – 1) he’s hurt, dead etc. If he is he has bigger issues than my $257.50…sucks for both of us. 2) he is a total fucking scammer. Hopefully someone on here knows him and can explain to me what his situation is.

Please help guys….

PS if you are on here and changed your screen name you are total fucking douche.

Exchange from 10/15 – 10/26
abu ghraib said:
g t said:
abu ghraib said:
g t said:
abu ghraib said:
g t said:
abu ghraib said:
Hey Mark,

I talked to the other interested party and they seem pretty hesitant. $250+3% shipped is good. Send it via paypal to [email protected] and I'll be able to get it shipped out next week. Thanks

Jim
Jim,
Sounds good. Just confirm, thats the bottom piece that runs the length of the rear and the two seat backs that fold down - ITR/Recaro black for $257.50 shipped to xxxxx...correct? As soon as I hear from you I'll paypal you. :thumbsup:

Thanks
Mark

Mark,

Thats correct, I can snap pictures of everything this weekend when I take it out and before I package it up. My cell is broken but my home phone is xxx-xxx-xxxx. Feel free to hit me up anytime.

I've thought about parting out my whole car, but I think im just going to part with these few parts and see what I want to do next Spring. I put a total of 300 miles on my car his year and thats oly because I moved and had to drive it to my new place. If I decide to part with the diffuser I'll let you know before posting it up.

Thanks !
Jim
Jim,
Sent the money this morning. Do me a favor and let me know that it came through correctly, and then send a tracking # when you get it.

BTW, I know exactly what you mean about not every driving the car.....mine has 1500 miles on it in the last 2 years. Lame. Yeah let me know if you wind up changing your mind about the diffuser.

Thanks again!
Mark
Got it, thanks Mark !

I'll be uninstalling today or tomorrow. I'll PM you the tracking as soon as i get it out. Thanks

Jim
Jim,
How are you making out with the shipping?
Thanks
Mark

Hey Mark,
Im having trouble finding a box to fit the seat in. I think i sourced one, I'll have to see if it fits tonight.

Jim
Exchange 11/1 – 11/2
g t said:
abu ghraib said:
g t said:
Jim
Hey man whats the story? Been about two weeks now? Keep me posted,
Mark
Hey Mark,

I had to order a box off the internet, of all places. I work for a Hockey Goalie store here in MN and figure I could get the seats to fit in a goalie leg pad box, but that was not the case. The ordered box is suppose to arrive today or tomorrow, then I'll get it boxed up and picked up ASAP. Sorry for all the delays, I had no idea it would be this difficult to ship.

Thanks for being patient.
Jim
xxx-xxx-xxxx
Jim,
No problem at all. I totally understand...shit comes up and things never go as planned. I appreciate the updates. Let me know once you get the box and it gets on its way / keep me posted.
Thanks!
Mark
Exchange on 11/9
abu ghraib said:
g t said:
Jim - 3 weeks man. When can I expect a tracking number?
Thanks
Mark
I give up on finding a box, I've exhausted my resources. I'm going to bubble wrap the living crap out of that thing today and get it dropped off tomorrow after work. Thanks Mark

Jim
No responses after the one above…sent one last PM below on 11/15:

g t said:
Jim-
4 weeks now. I have been more than understanding, but this the end of it.

I either need a tracking, or $257.50x1.03 = 265.25 via paypal in my account by the end of this week. Otherwise I'm going to post this transaction on the site, and start to the process of getting my money back through PayPal.

I'd much rather just get the seats and call it a day than starting this process...a headache for us both. I understand your communication has been good and that's why I've been understanding for the last month, but I have to protect myself here. Call me if you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks
Mark

xxx xxx xxxx

I called and left messages multiple times with no response. Then in turn opened up a Paypal Claim against him on 11/20. I escalated it on 11/24 saying he was unresponsive. As of this morning they closed the case finding in my favor….refunding me $0.00. I called paypal to say WTF for no money back…she told me the account is still open, but it has a 0 balance and my best hope was to file a complaint with http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx in hopes of recovery. I’m pretty well fucked at this point…

·
Registered
23,481 Posts
hockey goalie store? he worked at mastergrade motorsports. might want to look them up and see if theyve seen him.

·
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited by Moderator)
That is why they should have a box ready if they're gonna ship when you're handling something so big.

GL man. I feel your pain. Fuck that **edited for racist slang**
Seriously...I never even gave it a thought before this experience. Lesson learned.

If you paid with credit card you can do a chargeback against Paypal.
Ugh...I normally do. In fact all my purchases via Paypal are done with my cc but this was the first time in a while I used my bank account. I meant to and just forgot. Shrugged it off and now...:firemad:

hockey goalie store? he worked at mastergrade motorsports. might want to look them up and see if theyve seen him.
NICE. This is exactly the type of help I was looking for!!! Stay tuned for more...

·
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update - had some communication on another forum. Hopefully this will work out.

·
GO TWINS !
2,038 Posts
Yep, I use to work at ShowstoppersUSA and MastergradeMotorsport.Now I work at Professional hockey goalie training faucility here in MN.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts