Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
馃枻 02 type-s 馃枻
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ac went out and was told I needed an ac compressor. I was wondering should I get the kit with the condenser as well? I have an 02 so it's pretty old, I figured I'd buy the kit and save some money just in case I might need the condenser and then realize I have to buy it separately.

Registered
I was in a similar situation a month ago and went with a complete kit. I had to rebuild my transmission so the subframe was off the vehicle which made installing the compressor much easier. I bought the A/C kit from Rock Auto. So far so good! Blowing nice cold air!
The condenser that was included in my kit did not fit all that well (mounting tabs didn't line up perfectly to the stock mounting holes). I had to trim the rubber mounting "nubs" which wasn't hard and was all that was necessary to get it mounted. My kit also came with an expansion valve but didn't install it. I did some online research and decided that it was a lot more work than I was willing to do. Thankfully my current expansion valve is working just fine.
Good luck with your install!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts