Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok for some reason my AC does not work i have a 06 type s with 9k. it was working fine on my trip to vegas and back which was last weekend and then today im driving and i put my ac on and it's like it dosen't turn the air any cooler then if i was turned off im not sure what is wrong. what could be wrong that i could check for. i don't really want to drive 3 hours to a acura dealership right now but if i have too i will. I have a CAI do you think they will try to void my warrenty if i take it in?

·
I heart boobs!
573 Posts
For problems like that, I would not even waste the time trying to troubleshoot, especially with a new car. If I were you. I would just take it to the dealer since it looks like you are still within the car's warranty period (unless you voided it somehow).

·
Registered
113,845 Posts
did you run it once a month during the winter months?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i don't think i turned it on during winter but it was just working last week so i don't see why it would stop working. Should i take off my cold air intake and put it back to stock or just leave it as is

·
Registered
16,470 Posts
OK...

it will be under warranty

as long as a rock chip or something didnt puncture the condensor...

anything else should be under warranty

CAI will have nothing to do with the price of eggs (aka a/c not working)

·
Awd>All
3,163 Posts
does the compressor kick in? when you turn it on at idle, you will here it kick in, and the motor will bog a little bit. if it does, it is most likely just low on freon. i would just take it to the dealership (as long as its under warranty), because AC problems can become pretty expensive.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well i just went outside too check the ac and if it would kick in. when i turned the ac button on it didn't make a noise or anything so what does this mean. i will now most likely take it to the dealership this weekend which kinda sucks cause i don't want to make a 3 hour trip.

·
Registered
21 Posts
take the cap off the high or low pressure fittings. use a pen or srewdriver and check if you even have any r134 in there.... if there is than you should run the car and check the clutch and see if it kicks over

·
Registered
304 Posts
Just had my compressor replaced cost me 1,800.
the dealer had to replace the compressor, expansion valve and receiver/dryer.
glad to hear your under warranty, I wish I still was.

·
Awd>All
3,163 Posts
well i just went outside too check the ac and if it would kick in. when i turned the ac button on it didn't make a noise or anything so what does this mean. i will now most likely take it to the dealership this weekend which kinda sucks cause i don't want to make a 3 hour trip.
well, either the ckutch in the compressor, or the compressor itself is shot. take it to the dealer and see if its under warranty. if it is, try to get a rental car. :D

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well, either the ckutch in the compressor, or the compressor itself is shot. take it to the dealer and see if its under warranty. if it is, try to get a rental car. :D
im hoping it's under warrenty but i don't see why it would stop working after only 9k on the car. even if a rock hit the compressor is there any way they will cover it under warrenty. im going to try and get a rentali don't want to stay there all day do they lend out rental cars for a week or is it just a one day thing?

·
Awd>All
3,163 Posts
im hoping it's under warrenty but i don't see why it would stop working after only 9k on the car. even if a rock hit the compressor is there any way they will cover it under warrenty. im going to try and get a rentali don't want to stay there all day do they lend out rental cars for a week or is it just a one day thing?
i think they give them to you until they are done with your car. i rock wont hurt the compressor... unless its a huge one. sometimes things just go out. im sure they will cover it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts