Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so last year ac stopped working during the middle of the summer. My ac has been strong for the past 4 years before then.

Well it’s summer again and I tried self diagnosing it with the help of a mechanic last year, we added Freon which it still has, the ac compressor works, the condenser is just fine no crack etc.

my ac only works sometimes and usually the only time it works is when I’m driving but as soon as I stop it turns on and off here n there.
But for the most part I don’t have ac.

I remember reading about an incabin temperature sensor, I purchased one to try that.

But idk where to put it, where is it located at?

little more info the compressor was replaced about 4-5 years ago along with the condenser. Lines aren’t leaking or there would be any Freon in the system at all. So I’m thinking it’s this incabin temperature sensor

let me know what you guys think thanks in advanced!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sounds just like mine. Well today the four year old and I were enroute to urgent care, high temp fever and all. Friggen lower compression hose decided to let go. Seen a bunch of smoke and thought it was exhaust or rod (this k20a3 is almost dun sun). But ac went all hot and the windows went down. Check your lower compression hose (from compressor to condenser) it’s really close to the rad hose and I think the heat may have wore the ac line out as well. Dye with UV light it. Looks like what happened with mine. Hope this helps.

·
Super Moderator
444 Posts
I know having A/C is important to many people, it used to be important to me until I stopped using the DC5 as a DD.

The engine temps will go down not having the intercooler blocking the radiator, one less pulley on the engine, less work for the crankshaft (+ 10 HP on average on a stock motor), engine bay is cleaner looking, and the weight reduction from the whole system delete is close to 30lbs. mIght not sound like much or worth it to some, for me it absolutely worth it it is only hot for 3 months out of the year where I live. There is also a money savings by not having to deal with it yearly or bi-yearly.

This is most likely the answer you did not want, looking at both sides of the coin never hurts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts