Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Accelerating rattle...any help appreciated

1K views 30 replies 22 participants last post by  marroquin57 
#1 ·
Whenever i'm accelerating and the RPM's are in the 2k, I hear this rattle for a brief second and then it goes away. Definitely sounds like it's in the drivetrain, or perhaps the engine. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks alot

Car has about 9K on it. Thanks alot for any help

#6 ·
its ok bro..You shouldnt have no problems the car is basically brand new..and your warranty should be still kicking in...that is if you still have it dont know how it works out for you or where your located or how the whole warranty and your plan works...if you dont push the engine as much or your not a aggresive driver their shouldnt be no problems..but to be on the safe side and you have a concern then go to the dealer thats what the warranty is for....get it checked out....good luck

#10 ·
More than likely I know it's not my manifold cover. I had the windows down and it sounded like it was coming from underneath the car towards the tranny area. Don't know for definite but pretty positive it's in that vicinity. I'll check with everything you guys have suggested thus far.

#16 ·
anyways, I took off the half shaft as well. This didn't do anything for the noise. I'm starting to become worried that it could potentially be a tranny issue. Oh also I added washers to heatshields, this also didn't do anything. Any other suggestions? appreciate it

#19 ·
my 2002 type s makes the same noise. it sounds like it is coming from the cat. i can hear it between 2k-3k and it shuts up when i push the clutch in. it's sitting over at the dealership right now getting fixed from when this chick hit me. there supposed to be checking out my noise though.

#22 ·
There is another heatshield almost right above the oil filter. That is the only one I haven't checked yet.

I have the same sound as well and it goes away once I've been driving a little.

#25 ·
i kinda have that problem...at round 2-3k theres a rattle coming from the front left(if ur sitting in the car). i think that its my windshield washer thing with the blue cap. i was changing my bulbs and the little plastic thing that holds it to the fender/pannel fell into the f ing bay. but i ducked taped it and still make the noise so idk maybe someone does...help

#26 ·
i have the noise too, im going to go into acura and check it out.

so the conclusions are heat shield, half shaft cover, ivtec cover, or motor mounts. possibly anything else?

#27 ·
i have the same exact problem the noise rattles real quick then goes away could that be possibly the transmission at 36,000 in an 04'

#28 ·
The people at Acura have kindly listened to my request to have two of their techs in the car w/me and a friend to isolate the problem. We're gonna troubleshoot and locate the noise. Honestly, I'm starting to think it is just the exhaust pieces not being put together properly and a small amount of air is leaking out. Will let you guys know how it goes~

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.