Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not the same guy, and forget I ever mentioned this. I just came home with my RXS Type S after spending hours on this site looking up out the door pricing and how to best negotiate a deal. You folks were very helpful and gave me the confidence to feel that I got the best deal I could.

I just thought I would return the favor by mentioning something that I found out about, and something for you experts to consider.

I was and am still too naive to have imagined that it would be taken this way.

Please accept my appology, and I will never write again...just look!

·
Registered
406 Posts
He posted something about a product that claimed it would protect your car's finish to such a degree that made waxing and polishing unecessary for 3-5 years.

He was subsequently flamed and accused of advertising. The thread was locked and apparently has now been deleted.

mymiata - I have no idea if your thread was appropriate or if the flaming was warranted, but it's in the past. Don't be afraid to post. People will forget about it in a couple weeks and you'll be able to learn a lot more by asking your questions...oh and welcome!

EDIT: apparently the thread is still here, titled "Better than wax or polish"

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
mymiata said:
I am not the same guy, and forget I ever mentioned this. I just came home with my RXS Type S after spending hours on this site looking up out the door pricing and how to best negotiate a deal. You folks were very helpful and gave me the confidence to feel that I got the best deal I could.

I just thought I would return the favor by mentioning something that I found out about, and something for you experts to consider.

I was and am still too naive to have imagined that it would be taken this way.

Please accept my appology, and I will never write again...just look!
dont be afraid to write. to someone looking at the post, like myself, it seemed that you were blatently advertising because you were a brand new member, listed as retired in florida (like it said on the web page for the product), and your first post ever was showing a product. As a long time member here i have seen posts that looked like yours in other threads around clubrsx that were advertising.

please feel free to share other products with the other board members. i will say that most people who are familiar with detail products will call bs on a product that says it lasts years and years.

sorry you were treated poorly and welcome to clubrsx. :wavey:

·
i ❤ macro.
15,894 Posts
That thread was not deleted, but was locked. It has been unlocked though as there is no concrete evidence that the threadstarter was actually trying to pimp his product...just a series of suspicions. It doesn't matter anyway, b/c as we all should know by now, there is no such thing as a miracle product...and besides, no one seemed to take interest in the product anyway.

·
Long Member
5,429 Posts
Good point....I was the one who called him....and obviously I wasn't alone in my suspicions...

In any case, still sounds like a BS product.

·
Long Member
5,429 Posts
....I, for one am shocked.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts