Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yesterday i was in a eckerd parking lot when a lady backed straight up into me. She left a dent the size of a volleyball in my bumper and it needs replacement. so i got her insurance and i have to take the car to geico so they can get an estimate on it blah blah.

i was wondering what would it cost buy a bumper? and then i would install it myself, that way i could get some money and expierance.

if anyone could let me know what they have seen stock bumpers running for and how hard the install is that would be great

thanks all

·
Banned
13,970 Posts
find someone in teh f/s forum selling theirs that way u can pick one up for like 150-200 bucks in ur car's color so u won't have to go to a shop to get it pained installing bumper is pretty easy some clips and some bolts

·
Registered
720 Posts
the bumper is easy to take on and off, there are like 4 screws maybe and you just pull from one corner across the bumper to the other side. Also, I've got a DSM bumper I'll sell you for 100 plus shipping.

·
Fix it 'til it's broken
12,041 Posts
Just a suggestion...if you planned on getting a body kit somewhere down the line, now might be a good time to pick one up considering you will be looking at a decent chunk of change for your rear bumper....just a thought. You can't go wrong either way (kit vs. pocketing the extra cash), and the bumper is a breeze to install.

:thumbsup:

·
Banned
13,970 Posts
yeah I picked up a kit when I got rearended...now its chilling in my garage...then I got into a hit adn run with the guy hitting my front bumped when he trei dentering the gas station...so I'll be getting a grand in profit :) after installation of the kit

·
Fix it 'til it's broken
12,041 Posts
Ahhhh, I see...another one of those "yeah, the car is mine....but, not technically mine" situations.....j/k dude, good luck with the bumper

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well its my dads midlife crisis car and he is nice and lets me drive it alot and i take care of it in everyway. we are both happy, i have to maintain it but i get to drive it/play and he drives and always well maintained car. He also says that he wants to give it up in another couple years and get something a little more luxurious so ill be able to buy it from him.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.